Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

From my research, the evolution tabs are completely manually operated buttons. There is no CPU/programming to have them retract or launch based on GPS or switching sides. That is the posh part of the other systems and since you are paying 1/2 of the cost I would not expect it either. GSA and similar systems also have memory where the tabs are deployed and return to that position each time when activated, so repeatability is there.

Not downing either system, everyone has their price points and myself does not see spending $5k for GSA at the moment either, but Wakeland system is the same price as evolution and has similar function to GSA. Wakeland is the OEM for Skier's so the plate design is factory Autosurf 2.0 I just wish the Wakeland system would integrate into the factory screen since everything is already in the harness and the programming is already in the screen. Just add the sensors, GPS antenna, plates and relay board. Make it all plug and play since 2015+ boats had Autosurf as an option.
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 11-09-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

On my 2007 Supra with the Wakeland system, the 'auto-launched' worked pretty good. It auto-deployed back to the up position at ?15mph), so it was good for launching when wakeboarding and running heavy ballast.

My only caution was it was slow when deploying back up. So if you had the tabs in the full down position, it felt like the bow was ready to dig into to water b/c there was so much force driving the bow down. It was more a learning on what tab setting to use (1 to 5) and what worked best.
    2018 Supra SL400

Wonder why it was slow? Should be the same Lenco actuators that are used OEM.

Since you had the Wakeland system, how did it do on your older Supra compared to listing and suck gate? My Mojo has the manual tabs and my surf wave is not bad but I like the idea of running level and not have to keep moving lead each time (1/2 reg, 1/2 goofy in my family). Also, I only have 3 pumps and being able to run "even" would be nice.

Pretty sure I can do the install myself, just curious what brackets Wakeland would supply for my Mojo (hopefully factory for the model) so they would be above the false floor in the lockers.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

the same problem accrue when we use buoys with height speed

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Wonder why it was slow? Should be the same Lenco actuators that are used OEM.

Since you had the Wakeland system, how did it do on your older Supra compared to listing and suck gate? My Mojo has the manual tabs and my surf wave is not bad but I like the idea of running level and not have to keep moving lead each time (1/2 reg, 1/2 goofy in my family). Also, I only have 3 pumps and being able to run "even" would be nice.

Pretty sure I can do the install myself, just curious what brackets Wakeland would supply for my Mojo (hopefully factory for the model) so they would be above the false floor in the lockers.
    The tabs worked, but I needed a lot of weight. The hulls around 2007 had a notch in them at the bottom, thus why some of the tab makers have to make brackets for them.

In comparison, my 22 (with 3-3.5K of ballast) had a great wave with the single suck gate. Was the wave $3k better with the tabs - no.

It was not a slap-on and run it job. It took some time dialing in and at times was a little frustrating b/c I would have different crew sizes and that affected how clean I could get the wave. The suck gate is just slap on and run every time.
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Was this successful? Other tricks?

Trying to do the same manual surf flow plate removal on my 2014 Mondo. Have been working the debond with multiple coats over a few hours, all bolts are out. How did this go for others? Just time needed or other tricks?

Okay, I have everything installed and was able to get on the lake this past Saturday. I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiSpHn1hug&t=739s pitch and roll video and got an awesome wave using his direction. I have 1100lbs in each rear locker, I also put 150 lb lead under front seat, 150lb port rear and 200lb starboard rear. 800lb bag directly center rear. Just the wife and I in the boat, I’m 210 and she’s 120. I moved the lead weights as he directed in the video and boom. The advantage of being fairly level, no list, and a 8-10 degree pitch is that I can switch wake sides in 2 seconds with no loss in wake height.

I’m pretty happy with evolution tabs now that I have the wake issue solved, can’t wait to learn how to surf over to the other side of the wake. Obviously I wasn’t able to do that with the surf gates.
    Last edited by SorryCharlie; 04-25-2022 at 12:23 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf