Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hellcat Durango!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by CptAmerica View Post
    Yeah, but then you have to drive a Dodge.
    Ha... it's actually a Mercedes chassis platform. Handling characteristics of an AMG with the fit and finish definitely "Made in America."

Towing capacity is bested only by the Expedition in the full size SUV category... I will miss the rear airbags on my Tahoe, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Hellcat Durango!!!!

Now we're talking!
    Last edited by rhouse181; 09-23-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

I think SandM is recommending a 3/4... which is an option, but a bit more pricey.
    absolutely not unless you are going into the 23/24ft premium boats that scale out pushing 9000lbs.
    1/2 ton are perfectly fine for most boats even with lead/gear. we towed a tige z3 first then an r23 with a grand in lead and gear with our silverado and it did it relatively easy while returning decent mpg's. never needed or used the superduty for boat towing.

keep in mind with any wakeboat, most of the dry weights on trailer are before any options/liquids and not sure today, but back in the day, towers were an "option" and were not included in dry weight. sure that has changed in todays world. we easily add 500lbs to any dry weight for options, gas/oil/antifreeze and any gear we have added sans lead. those 4 rev10's and amp? there's an extra 100lbs. amp/sub? another 50-75. it all adds up.

I would think any of the large suv's would tow it when equipped with tow pack. tahoe, suburban, expedition.
    reality is our 2020 camaro with the 6.2 would tow the boat. question is whether it'll stop with it. the frame says "no!".
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Hellcat Durango!!!!
    No dodge

My Wife's Yukon XL (same as Suburban) is rated at 8,300. My Mojo with lead and fuel is ~6700. Yukon has the rear air leveling and it did great in the mountain of Norris Lake. I was getting 12-13mpg until I pulled off the highway. Terrain around the lake dropped it to 9-10mpg.

The Durango is now on a full frame again and not unibody construction and would be fine. However, the Hellcat version sits so low, not sure how well it would do towing.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    My Wife's Yukon XL (same as Suburban) is rated at 8,300. My Mojo with lead and fuel is ~6700. Yukon has the rear air leveling and it did great in the mountain of Norris Lake. I was getting 12-13mpg until I pulled off the highway. Terrain around the lake dropped it to 9-10mpg.

The Durango is now on a full frame again and not unibody construction and would be fine. However, the Hellcat version sits so low, not sure how well it would do towing.
    Still sporting the same unibody since the 2011 redesign...
    2020 Kaiyen

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    My Wife's Yukon XL (same as Suburban) is rated at 8,300. .
    That's really pushing it for a #7,000 load...

I'm so looking forward to the 10k plus tow capacity in some 1/2 ton trucks working there way into the Suburban, Expedition Max and Yukon XL. I was looking for a mint Excursion with V10 or diesel for a long time. Found one right after we bought the Suburban, they are out there.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Do any of you use weight distrubution hitches with your boats trailers?

Do any of you use weight distrubution hitches with your boats trailers?
    I probably should and you can get WDH’s that allow backing up, but I don’t.

The Boatmate dual axle trailers do well at mitigating tongue loads as well as braking.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan