Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I probably should and you can get WDH’s that allow backing up, but I don’t.

The Boatmate dual axle trailers do well at mitigating tongue loads as well as braking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My solid bar WDH used with our travel trailer is pretty amazing. The anti-sway is built into the bar system, and can be backed up without touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    Still sporting the same unibody since the 2011 redesign...
    I have been wrong before....thanks for this.
    I swore they went back to a BoF configuration. Had to go back and check myself, and they did not.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by CptAmerica View Post
    That's really pushing it for a #7,000 load...
    I do not think so at all. The Durango would work (8700 rating) but you do not want a Dodge.

Just say go full size vs mid-size. A 4runner, Honda Pilot, etc. is rated at 6000# max. I would trade the Yukon for an X7 but the max rating is 7000# and that is pushing it.

3/4 ton is not needed for either toy you have but would be easy to load and forget about ratings.

Since you have 2 commuter cars and a truck already and you have 2 car payments, it is very hard to tell someone to just get another truck or suv. Being responsible would be to either ditch 1 of the cars for a truck/SUV and daily drive it, or ditch the trailer and buy a Class C motorhome that can tow the boat.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Do any of you use weight distrubution hitches with your boats trailers?
    never used one on any of our boats and don't see many that do use them. Larry is right from boatmate. they build a pretty nice trailer but even our old metalcrap trailer out of SLC towed our 22ve real nice loaded down.

I forgot that you live out west. might look into length of travel trailer and boat. if you are lucky, might be able to ditch the truck, pick up a diesel and tow both. pac nw has some pretty liberal towing requirements for long loads. I know a few in the nw that have done that the few times a year the entire caravan goes. some states require a permit to do it but pretty easy to get.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

we might be married to the same person. Lol

I probably should and you can get WDH’s that allow backing up, but I don’t.

The Boatmate dual axle trailers do well at mitigating tongue loads as well as braking.
    That might increase the risk of sway, ya? My travel trailer is REALLY heavy on the tongue. I've never encountered even the slightest hint of trailer sway with it. I think I need airbags, even with the WDH.

That might increase the risk of sway, ya? My travel trailer is REALLY heavy on the tongue. I've never encountered even the slightest hint of trailer sway with it. I think I need airbags, even with the WDH.
    Bags will level your truck, but they won’t add weight back to the front axle. The WDH will add weight to front axle and trailer axles

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Bags will level your truck, but they won’t add weight back to the front axle. The WDH will add weight to front axle and trailer axles
    Yeah, my F150 wouldn't be able to safely handle my travel trailer without the WDH. What ball size is needed for these boat trailers?

Yeah, my F150 wouldn't be able to safely handle my travel trailer without the WDH. What ball size is needed for these boat trailers?
    Boatmate uses a 2”.

I think 2-5/16 on the bigger Supras

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

2021 Makai has 2" I was surprised it was not bigger.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub