Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Curious where you're located. We've been doing two tow vehicles since,,, forever basically. Full size SUVs for the boat, and as the trailers got bigger the trucks got bigger. Both have always been daily drivers - we don't really have the luxury of having a used car lot at home.

Thankfully my wife didn't mind towing the boat but now we've been passing the torch down to the kids (18 and 20) and they handling it like pros.
    Pacific Northwest... Lake Cushman, Lake Crescent, and Riffe Lake. We are lucky that we have some property, and room for 5 cars in my garage. Once the boat takes up the 3rd bay, we will end up with 1 boat and 3 vehcles in the garage (both tow trucks, and wife's civic)... My daily driver in the driveway.

We've played with the numbers enough to see that the most affordable way to do it, is 2 dedicated two vehicles that remain for only tow duty. This keeps them from having to be replaced very often at all, and we simply replace the dailys as they wear out. A little more cost up front... but will start saving money after a few years.

2 tow trucks for us. I tow the toy hauler with the F250 and husband tows the boat with his F150 eco boost. Have a tacoma for a daily and with hard work they are all paid off. Need a new 3/4 ton but.. new trailer took that spot. All is well until you need to tow the toy hauler with the 1/2 ton... not super safe.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade