Thread: Dealer Response

Default Dealer Response

I have had a 2019 Supra SA400 for a year. On two occasions I have had to get repairs, under warranty. The fixes were done at the slip at my marina.
    Both times I have not been able to use the boat, the dealer is always super friendly but it takes weeks to get the repair done and multiple follow-up calls to make sure it happens.
    Is this a normal dealer experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by svienb View Post
    I have had a 2019 Supra SA400 for a year. On two occasions I have had to get repairs, under warranty. The fixes were done at the slip at my marina.
    Both times I have not been able to use the boat, the dealer is always super friendly but it takes weeks to get the repair done and multiple follow-up calls to make sure it happens.

At dock service is super awesome.

During the season, a week or two for repairs seems fair. Parts are super hard to get and getting good workers in this current pandemic environment is difficult.

My opinion is you are getting above average service.

My dealer is great, but I have to take boat to dealer (they offer to pick it up, but I am very particular and tow my own stuff). Once it’s at the dealer it’s diagnosed in 1-2 days and if they have parts it’s done right away. If parts are on order or back ordered, they will offer the boat back to me if useable or I wait until parts arrive.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

2 thoughts here.... taking weeks to get service done and multiple follow up calls is about par for the course for boat dealers. some are better and some are MUCH worse. frustrating as it can seem, it's both the industry and an indication of the broader country mentality currently. doubt it'll change in the near future. I would suspect you are taking a bit longer for repairs due to the on dock experience. at the dealership, your repairs can be squeezed in.

secondly, on dock service is usually an added expense. sure the dealer is gladly doing warranty work at the dock as I would suspect it's being billed to skiers choice at a higher labor rate. when you start paying for service, I suspect a starter replacement will be a much different cost if at dock vs at dealership.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I’ve been waiting on a Bimini sleeve/cover from my dealer for over 2 months - a thread let loose while towing the boat and it shredded…being covered under warranty.

Reminds me I need to give them a call..I am sure I’ll get some covid bull**it excuse why they haven’t gotten it yet. Worldwide shortage of canvas they will say..
    2021 Moomba Max

Thanks for insights. Eventually got them out this week after a 6 week wait. My alternator need replacing, apparently very common on 2019/2020 Supra’s.
    I was also surprised to learn my 100hr service cost $1000!

Thanks for insights. Eventually got them out this week after a 6 week wait. My alternator need replacing, apparently very common on 2019/2020 Supra’s.
    I was also surprised to learn my 100hr service cost $1000!

The alternator issue was a recall.

The 100 hour is very similar to the 20 hour, just the 100 hours you can do the majority yourself and save $$$$

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan