Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2019 G23 vs 2022 SA

Hey guys,

Just selling my 2019 Mojo here and had a 2017 Mondo before. Huge fan of Skier's choice and love the community around the brand and have had nothing but awesome things to say about both boats! With that being said, my cabin neighbours have tons of G21s and G23s.

I am looking at either a brand new Supra SA or a 2018-19ish G23 with 150ish hours. Curious on the group's thoughts

1) 80% surfing
    2) 20% lounging around with kids and swimming

I really like the G wave and haven't surfed an SA yet(but have a 2018 SL and it was great).

Thanks guys!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

SA and SL surf wave for all intents the same.

It really boils down to if you like the G or SA.

Thrusters lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

If i had the budget i would have a g23. Never been in a supra. No supra
    dealer in Florida but can't find a bad thing to say about the g series at all.

I'd pick up the supra if it was me. my cousin had a gs22 tho and LOVED it. said the wake was not the best at anything but solid overall and build quality was great compared to the 2 'bu's he came from...

either way can't go wrong but for me, warranty on the supra would have me buying that boat IF pricing was either a non issue or the same across both.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Cost will relatively be the same on the 2 boats.
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

I can say the SA leaves me wanting for nothing and 7 years of warranty gives you the warm and fuzzies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I love Nautique, but if the prices are close like you mention it would be hard to pass up a new boat that has longer warranty and you get to customize all the options yourself. I like the clean look of the NSS vs the swell on the transom, but both boats are beauties.
    I am leaning toward an S21 or S23. I have Demo’d and they are nice for wakeboarding which is our primary use. There aren’t any SA at my local dealer or I would demo one. I think a 22 SA would be similar pricing to the S23

I don't think you can make a bad choice here. That being said, I LOVE Natique however having a brand new boat with warranty that last longer isn't going to hurt either. Both will hold their value. From a surf perspective both will surf just fine and do anything you want to do without a problem.

I have been in a 2019 G23 many, many times as one of our boating buddies has one. I have been in the new Malibu M220 and obviously own a Supra and have another buddy with a 2020 SL.

My opinion on the G23 is this:

1. Built better, quieter, better quality materials used than Supra or Malibu. I always tell my buddy that his boat is the best built out of any of the 4 families we lake with every weekend.

2. The LINC Panoray screen and helm control with the arm rest is pretty sweet and you never have to take your hand off the wheel to change anything on the boat.

3. Storage is even better than the Supras, there is more of it and the rear lockers are deeper. The inside of all storage is lined with SeaDeck not the cheap stuff Supra uses.

4. Uses regular octane gas, does not require higher octane like the Supra boats do.

Now for the cons:

1. The power actuated tower bases are huge and block the view for everyone in the boat.

2. NSS...what we joke is the Nautique Spray System. The boat still sprays water from midship all over the people in the back on windy days.

3. No cup holders any where on the back on the 2018-2019 model boats (this has changed now, but not in the years you are looking at)

4. He has 500lbs of added lead and his wave is by far the least favorite of mine. I just don't like the Nautique waves. I find them short and the curl really grabs my feet and board when I try to get as far back on the wave as possible. The wave is not as adjustable as the Supra wave, I can make my wave tall, short, long, etc. To me the Nautique wave is just meh.

With all that being said...I would go for the 2022 SA, now if a new 2022 G23 is in your budget and money is no concern...I'd go with the 2022 G23 it is a sweet looking boat.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

We've looked at a SA and she's awesome. Never on a G23, but we spent a considerable amount of time on a G25, and I assume they are very similar. Very quiet boat, which adds to the luxury feel for sure.
    Anyway, for similar money and both boats new, I'd buy the G. 3 year old vs a new SA with all the latest and greatest? Not a chance - unless big price difference is a factor.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark