Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Yes the % is based on time the pumps have been running vs the timer on that switch. So if you have the timer for your Port Fill at 8 minutes and it has run for 8 mins then it will show 100% regardless of the level of the bag. This is why getting your fill and times correct is important. That being said there is a little dot next to each % when the dot is RED it means that the sensor is seeing water and that the bag is actually full that is unless you have the upgraded bags and your sensor has not been relocated to a higher location. Unless thing have changed the sensor for each rear bags is located on a pipe that is mounted vertically behind the rear wall in each locker. The height of the sensor is located right at the top of the factory bag so when your bag is full there is a column of water in the tube at the same height and the sensor see it and shuts your pumps off and turn the little dot on your screen red. This is why I ask if your dealer relocated your sensors. If they didn't and just added 1.5 min, the the sensor will see water at the old full level and shut the pumps off and show 100% but upgraded bags wont be full. My guess is if you still have your rear bins then they are not filling all the way, the only real storage you can get out of the rear locker with the upgraded bags is by hanging a net in them to hold a life jacket or 2.
    What are your fill times set @ for the rear bags?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

Ya my '19 bins for the exact same measurement are 13.5" deep. Do you have the WM Upgrade?
    measured mine last night, 10" deep
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    What are your fill times set @ for the rear bags?
    I timed them and they took 10 mins and 15 seconds to fill and overflow out the side so I set mine to 10 mins 25 seconds I believe. Now when I fill mine I do it the same way everytime I put the boat in gear and idle around with the motor at 1200 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    measured mine last night, 10" deep
    Ya I new they shortened them in the newer MY. Still 10" deep tubs wont be usable in the Makai with the WM upgraded bags. Their site doesn't show anything for the 22 Mojo yet but I know a few guys were talking with them about it.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

If the two rear bags are only 1,000 each I guess that means the front bag is 2,000 lbs? Didn't think it was that big/heavy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    If the two rear bags are only 1,000 each I guess that means the front bag is 2,000 lbs? Didn't think it was that big/heavy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    You have the 2 rear bags that are 1,000 each but then you have 2 400s that are piggy backed off of those, one on each side under the floor beneath the bench seat. You can lift the "floor" up and see the bag underneath it. So your Port and Starboard fill switches are actually filling 1,400 each. Then your bow bag is 1,200 giving you the total 4,000 factory ballast.
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 05-25-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

I timed them and they took 10 mins and 15 seconds to fill and overflow out the side so I set mine to 10 mins 25 seconds I believe. Now when I fill mine I do it the same way everytime I put the boat in gear and idle around with the motor at 1200 RPM.

Ya I new they shortened them in the newer MY. Still 10" deep tubs wont be usable in the Makai with the WM upgraded bags. Their site doesn't show anything for the 22 Mojo yet but I know a few guys were talking with them about it.
    good to know on the fill time. mine is set to 6:30, and only the bow bag overfilled. So I need to do some adjusting.

I was torn paying extra for the bins knowing i could potentially get rid and fill with water... but i do like being able to store stuff, so i will probably just pack lead somewhere else.

good to know on the fill time. mine is set to 6:30, and only the bow bag overfilled. So I need to do some adjusting.

I was torn paying extra for the bins knowing i could potentially get rid and fill with water... but i do like being able to store stuff, so i will probably just pack lead somewhere else.
    Ya I just set my times crazy high and idle up then flip all 3 switches and time them. Once they over flow then I mark the time down and double check the bag to make sure it is full and then reset the timer with 5-10 seconds of fluff. Some people will say to be carful when overflowing the bags as the fittings aren't made to hold the pressure of it but to each their own. Just know that if you are running you pumps for longer than you expect and it is not over flowing then you might have a problem lol

Ya I used to put lead in the bin before I did the upgrade. These new boats have so much storage that it is worth losing the bins IMO.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Ya I just set my times crazy high and idle up then flip all 3 switches and time them. Once they over flow then I mark the time down and double check the bag to make sure it is full and then reset the timer with 5-10 seconds of fluff. Some people will say to be carful when overflowing the bags as the fittings aren't made to hold the pressure of it but to each their own. Just know that if you are running you pumps for longer than you expect and it is not over flowing then you might have a problem lol

Ya I used to put lead in the bin before I did the upgrade. These new boats have so much storage that it is worth losing the bins IMO.
    ha, thanks for the tips. Im sure the pressure concern was due to a connector that was loose or poorly fitted. unless the overflow is plugged there is zero pressure other than the pressure head from the height of fill on the lower fittings. I cant wait to dial it in tonight, only 3 hours on the boat so far.

ha, thanks for the tips. Im sure the pressure concern was due to a connector that was loose or poorly fitted. unless the overflow is plugged there is zero pressure other than the pressure head from the height of fill on the lower fittings. I cant wait to dial it in tonight, only 3 hours on the boat so far.
    Ya I completely agree. Man gotta get through those 10 break-in hours lol
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Ya I completely agree. Man gotta get through those 10 break-in hours lol
    First - huge shout out to TXSurf4 with some pointers via PM, and even a couple text and a phone call. Genuinely nice guy helping out a complete stranger!

Second, I started this thread a while back and want to report that I did get the wakemakers upgrade for my 2019 Makai. First time out after install this week. It was everything I could have hoped for. I do have 650 lbs of lead in the boat as well. The wakemakers upgrade made all the difference. The lead was just not quite enough for me with a light passenger load. Now, even with a light crew I have plenty of push and can surf way back in the wave.

As many have said - it sucks losing the storage bins but I figured out how to make it work and still store the tubes elsewhere in the boat.

Highly recommend the wakemakers upgrade if you have a makai. I have 250 lbs of lead under each bag and 150 lbs in the nose and it works well to get that 9* pitch. Cruising at 11 seems to be the sweet spot for goofy, 0 center plate and 65 on the port (again goofy side rider)

I hope this helps anyone else considering how to improve