Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I hear you loud and clear. I have College age sons and daughter that even with all the surfing they and their friends do, the flicking tubes still end up having to be pulled! I end up pulling two 3-seaters at the time. People don't realize how much resistance a tube puts on a boat. Those things don't like to slide across the water easily. That's when my fuel gauge really takes a hit!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I pull a 3 seater Warbird Chariot for my kids, nephews, and in-laws. I can watch the fuel change drop as the RPM's go up. It is worse than surfing slammed with a crew of 11 in the boat.
    Ya people definitely don't realize the amount of fuel tubing burns. Do either of you use a booster ball on your tow rope? I got one after the first time we tubed behind our Makai as the rope was just getting "stuck" in the rooster tail and wake.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

And this thread is officially of the rails lol
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    And this thread is officially of the rails lol
    LOL! Yep. It doesn't take much sometimes! just have to hit that common nerve everybody seems to have. Which is " we all hate tubes, but still seem to somehow end up pulling them!"

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Ah hell I don’t mind it’s off the rails even 1 bit. I too pull 2 large tubes at the same time (4 kids) and yes, it really drinks the gas for sure! I have 1 of those ball things I used to use when I would pull them behind (yes) a large twin engine cruiser. I only have 1 ball though and I don’t think 2 tubes would work with it. I have enough crap to tote and blow up just with the tubes so I’m likely not getting a second one.

I set the cruise to 20 mph so I don’t accidentally wind up pulling them too fast.

I have also seen a lot of people hooking ropes to the tower but I think that’s a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Ah hell I don’t mind it’s off the rails even 1 bit. I too pull 2 large tubes at the same time (4 kids) and yes, it really drinks the gas for sure! I have 1 of those ball things I used to use when I would pull them behind (yes) a large twin engine cruiser. I only have 1 ball though and I don’t think 2 tubes would work with it. I have enough crap to tote and blow up just with the tubes so I’m likely not getting a second one.

I set the cruise to 20 mph so I don’t accidentally wind up pulling them too fast.

I have also seen a lot of people hooking ropes to the tower but I think that’s a no no.
    It is definitely a bad idea to tow an inflatable from the tower. Unsafe for the participants on the inflatable and the tower is not designed to handle the stresses a tube puts on them. Don’t even get me started about pulling two tubes from the tower.

When my kids were younger I would take them tubing only after they went skiing or wakeboarding. Wasn’t long before they weren’t interested in tubes and only wanted to ski/wakeboard. I have a large, commercial grade, banana boat like you see at resort islands that I bring out when we have large get togethers. It works well to get the guests that don’t do water sports out on the water for some fun. It seats 10 so it works really well for getting lots of people out tubing at once so we can get that out of the way and back surfing or other activities. But OMG, pulling 10 people at a time burns fuel at a ridiculous rate!!
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I never pull the tube from the tower.
    The ski pylon works better anyway because the plastic swivel helps swing the tube around. I do not use the rope ball, I try to only tube when the water is choppy. We only did it 4 times this year, and I don't even own the tube, its my in-laws from their old boat.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Ya I only pull the tube from tow point on the stern of the boat as well and never from the tower. I just wasn't sure if anyone else with a Makai had an issue with the rope getting "caught" in the wake and/or rooster tail.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Ya I only pull the tube from tow point on the stern of the boat as well and never from the tower. I just wasn't sure if anyone else with a Makai had an issue with the rope getting "caught" in the wake and/or rooster tail.
    I have the ball and always use. I had issues with the rope getting buried in the wake before too. The added benefit of the football is it acts like a pneumatic shock to absorb the stress if the rope get slack in it and the driver doesn’t back off the throttle. The football squeezes down instead of the anchor point or the tube/riders getting rocked.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

You guys empty all the ballast weight for pulling a tube, right? (new to this stuff)

I do not empty all the ballast weight. I leave my front at 1/2 or better, because everyone is in the rear watching the kids. The force pulling on the back also creates bow rise, so the weight in the nose helps keep it down. I also have the middle plate (trim plate) all the way down to keep the transom out of the water and stay on plane.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow