Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Mojo

This is our first wakeboat. But we have friends with boats and their wake was way better. Our wake did not get me to be able to surf without the rope.
    How much led weights do you recommend to put in the bow.

Where did you buy the 500 Pound weights and how much were they?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shubinette View Post
    Where did you buy the 500 Pound weights and how much were they?
    Thanks
    https://www.leadwake.com/

This is where mine are from for my 2015. I know there are many places selling them now. I have moved 200# to the bow. It sits under my filler cushion and I forget it is there. The other 300# I keep under the midship seats and move from 1 side to the other depending on what side we are surfing. My flow systems is different so you will have a different setup.

500# seems to be the starting point but Wake9 used 1000# and got fantastic results.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I looked into plumbing the 400s in but it looks like a lot of work. The 900s don’t have ports on the front and the 400s only have one port near the floor at the back. I have 800# of lead already. The boat has about 4600# of ballast currently and surfs great. Just looking to clean up the process a bit and maybe add some more weight at the same time. I am going to reinforce the divider panels and do the vent mod all at the same time. I just keep hearing about these 1400# bags. I’m not sure if a person could even fit 1400# bags in my generation of Mojo (2020). The 900s fill basically the entire corner lockers up tp the top and the 400s take up all the available space under the seats. I suppose another 100# of water doesn’t take up much more room but it would have to truly be a “perfect fit”.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    I looked into plumbing the 400s in but it looks like a lot of work. The 900s don’t have ports on the front and the 400s only have one port near the floor at the back. I have 800# of lead already. The boat has about 4600# of ballast currently and surfs great. Just looking to clean up the process a bit and maybe add some more weight at the same time. I am going to reinforce the divider panels and do the vent mod all at the same time. I just keep hearing about these 1400# bags. I’m not sure if a person could even fit 1400# bags in my generation of Mojo (2020). The 900s fill basically the entire corner lockers up tp the top and the 400s take up all the available space under the seats. I suppose another 100# of water doesn’t take up much more room but it would have to truly be a “perfect fit”.
    With the new ones I have no idea. My 2015 - 2018 you can slam the enzo bags in unless you have the heater. They fill everything up though. Completely full rear lockers and under mid seats. I have 1100's that fill the rear lockers completely but it leaves me some storage and I use 500# of lead for the rest. I keep a 100# weight sack with the anchor next to the battery to offset me. So I it at 4000# with no one in the boat. Add 9 friends and the wake is huge. I believe the newer boat weigh more than my '15. Boat is only 4100# dry weight.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    With the new ones I have no idea. My 2015 - 2018 you can slam the enzo bags in unless you have the heater. They fill everything up though. Completely full rear lockers and under mid seats. I have 1100's that fill the rear lockers completely but it leaves me some storage and I use 500# of lead for the rest. I keep a 100# weight sack with the anchor next to the battery to offset me. So I it at 4000# with no one in the boat. Add 9 friends and the wake is huge. I believe the newer boat weigh more than my '15. Boat is only 4100# dry weight.
    Holdmybeer, what setup do you run for surfing. Sounds like we have the same boat. Obviously, I’m posting a lot and having a lot of issues lately. I’ve got to get that center and front bag to fill, but I think I’m going to need more weight to get a push from the wake to be able to drop the rope. Right now I’m running stock bags. I don’t actually know what those weigh when filled, but that’s all I’ve got.

TPJ....get that pump figured out.

But when it's just the wife and kids I run surf side full, center full but bow mostly empty (stop at half full so it doesn't overflow), 100lbs lead bow, 400lb midship surf side. Tab in 2nd position.

With full crew of 11, Same basic setup but I fill the bow also and move 100lb more to the bow. Only 3 kids sit in the front and all 6 adults in the back. Everyone sits surf side wave is huge.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

TPJ....get that pump figured out.

But when it's just the wife and kids I run surf side full, center full but bow mostly empty (stop at half full so it doesn't overflow), 100lbs lead bow, 400lb midship surf side. Tab in 2nd position.

With full crew of 11, Same basic setup but I fill the bow also and move 100lb more to the bow. Only 3 kids sit in the front and all 6 adults in the back. Everyone sits surf side wave is huge.

Do you have any pictures or videos of your wave behind your boat?
    Are you running the manual flow tabs or the automatic flow tabs?

I have manual flow 1.0

I don't have pics on my phone (always driving) but I can get some from the wife's phone this evening.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have manual flow 1.0

I don't have pics on my phone (always driving) but I can get some from the wife's phone this evening.

I get that. If you could send me a few that would be great