Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Got a Moomba Mojo and need some Ballast weights

We just bought a Mojo 2019 and it is not creating enough wake for wake surfing. How much extra Ballast do we need to ad to make it work for me and my family. Me and my wife have 3 kids at the ages of 8-9-10. So not a whole lot of weight.
    Should i buy the WakeMAKERS plug and play bags that are 1400 lbs ? Or will that not be enough.
    Thank you guys.
    SH

Welcome to the forum.
    There is a lot of info on this site by searching.

Mojo needs extra weight. Get the exact fit bags if you can. They come with all fittings and plug right in to replace your current ones. The 1280's don't take all your storage like the 1400's and will be plenty. You are going to need bow weight also if no other adults in the boat. Most of us use lead bags for this because you can hide them easier.

Before doing all of this, what boat are you coming from? The mojo should still create a decent beginner wave for your kids. Search the site for settings people are and have been using. Most orders from wakemakers won't even get to you before this season is over.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have been speaking with Joel at wakemakers and he says that the exact fit bags are 1275# and that they take up the entire storage area. I asked about the 1400# enzos and he said that they will not fill completely and that the exact fit bags are the best choice. He didn’t even mention another 1400# option. Can someone please provide the part number for these bags? I want to add as much ballast as possible. I currently have the stock 900s and have a pair of 400s in the side seats that I have to fill/empty with a tsunami pump. I want to upgrade the bags to get rid of the manual pumps and fill with the G6 pumps. Sorry, I’m not trying to Jack this thread, I think we both have the same goal.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

My 500 pounds of lead came in earlier this week and I have to tell you that with stock G6 ballast 500 pounds of weight and a small crew of three the week was ridiculous.
    I had all the ballots at 100% plus the 500 pounds of lead and I could not be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One last thing make sure you reinforce the engine compartment panels to prevent them from buckling in. This is what I did

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    One last thing make sure you reinforce the engine compartment panels to prevent them from buckling in. This is what I did

Is that on a MOJO? Makai has 3 sections. The center section looks like the one you have pictured. I put a taller angle in the bottom of mine this weekend to keep them from popping out of the track too. 5/8" tall on front and 1" tall on back.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

It still puzzles me that SC has not addressed the panels bowing and popping out issues.

2021 Moomba Makai

Yes, mojo has 3 sections. The one in the picture is the biggest section (middle).
    The factory should have extended the reinforcement all the way down but since they didn’t, I did.
    I’m not kidding you when I tell you that the bow without pressure was over 1 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    Yes, mojo has 3 sections. The one in the picture is the biggest section (middle).
    The factory should have extended the reinforcement all the way down but since they didn’t, I did.
    I’m not kidding you when I tell you that the bow without pressure was over 1 inch.

Oh I believe you 100% . Probably more than 1". Mine were doing it too. I agree their reinforcing metal is too short.. The 3 pieces need a way to lock together where they meet in my opinion too. That's why I put the 1×4 on mine. It helps distribute the load across them all to reduce bowing too.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    I have been speaking with Joel at wakemakers and he says that the exact fit bags are 1275# and that they take up the entire storage area. I asked about the 1400# enzos and he said that they will not fill completely and that the exact fit bags are the best choice. He didn’t even mention another 1400# option. Can someone please provide the part number for these bags? I want to add as much ballast as possible. I currently have the stock 900s and have a pair of 400s in the side seats that I have to fill/empty with a tsunami pump. I want to upgrade the bags to get rid of the manual pumps and fill with the G6 pumps. Sorry, I’m not trying to Jack this thread, I think we both have the same goal.
    Tommy,
    If you have 400's under the midship seats, could you just tie them into your 900's. Basically over flow the 900's into the 400's like the Max setup. With G6 pumps you would still fill pretty quick. Then use lead forbthe rest.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow