Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Can you just cut out and frame in part of your back wall to get the space you need? Sort of make a nook where the boat would back into it. I hate to see a man lose his shop!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Hate to see a man lose his shop also, BUT we went from a 18.5ft I/O to a 21ft I/O with open seating and now to a 23ft Mojo. From here on out its either another Mojo or similar or upgrade to Makai or similar. 2-foot-idish is a real thing and once you have the room to spread out and storage you won't go back.

Also the longer hulls can take more weight and throw monster surf waves. The only time I wish the boat was smaller is when people want to go to the river and they have a 22ft limitation. DNR sits at the dock on the weekends waiting for people also.....LAME
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Looking at the Kaiyen measurements....23' 5" with platform + 3" on tongue length when folded....you need a minimum of 23' 8".

I would just prepare to make the garage 3ft longer and find a way to quick detach your board racks to make it under the 8ft door. Next would be buying a trailer dolly to move the boat tis the door by hand. No way I would want to back through a 106" wide door. The guide pole will probably rub if not hit the sides, if left on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJrJdhDP3W0 <--- should help get it in the garage nice a slow
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Hate to see a man lose his shop also, BUT we went from a 18.5ft I/O to a 21ft I/O with open seating and now to a 23ft Mojo. From here on out its either another Mojo or similar or upgrade to Makai or similar. 2-foot-idish is a real thing and once you have the room to spread out and storage you won't go back.

Also the longer hulls can take more weight and throw monster surf waves. The only time I wish the boat was smaller is when people want to go to the river and they have a 22ft limitation. DNR sits at the dock on the weekends waiting for people also.....LAME
    I think the 22 is the sweet spot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Looking at the Kaiyen measurements....23' 5" with platform + 3" on tongue length when folded....you need a minimum of 23' 8".

I would just prepare to make the garage 3ft longer and find a way to quick detach your board racks to make it under the 8ft door. Next would be buying a trailer dolly to move the boat tis the door by hand. No way I would want to back through a 106" wide door. The guide pole will probably rub if not hit the sides, if left on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJrJdhDP3W0 <--- should help get it in the garage nice a slow
    Thanks guys... yeah, i don't care too much about the shop. Even with the wall down, I will have other space (its a 3 car garage) there to do shop type things. The wall being down is no biggy.

I was actually looking at the heavy-duty hand dollies for trailers myself last night on Amazon. The nice ones are about $500... no biggy. My concrete driveway is 99% flat, and it will be a lot easier to just push and pull it in or out of the garage as needed. I wasn't looking at powered ones, was lookin at manual push ones on wheels. This one looked solid to me:

https://www.amazon.com/Tow-Tuff-TMD-...730515&sr=8-17

You will also need these if you plan to turn the trailer by hand with that hand dolly. Very difficult to turn a tandem trailer by hand. Even with these under the tires and your hand dolly this will be two person job.
    https://www.grainger.ca/en/product/p...kaAkemEALw_wcB
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by CptAmerica View Post
    My concrete driveway is 99% flat, and it will be a lot easier to just push and pull it in or out of the garage as needed.
    before you settle on this, go try and push a dual axle trailer. I could move our launch20 on a single axle somewhat easily around the garage if needed as it's single axle and a pretty light boat. our last 3 boats- tige 22ve and 2 z3's- forget about it. even straight in and out was a CHORE and only did it once. unless you have 6 teen boys to assist, doing it by hand will be very short lived imo.
    the electric/gas ones seem to primarily have a weight capacity of less than 4000lbs but I would not be afraid to use it on a wakeboat approaching 6000lbs on a trailer with fuel/gear.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Dual axle boat trailer are a biatch to move or rotate manually.

When I store mine for winter, I tuck
    It in my barn as far over from the door as I can.

I put soapy water under the tires as my son and I push the bow as close to the wall as possible.

The 4 tires and torsion suspension fight you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

ah.. I see. I didn't think a trailer would be that hard to move. My idea was to get the trailer 99% aligned while attached to my tow vehicle, but then park the tow vehicle and just use the hand truck to push the trailer straight in. You don't think that would work? Still too heavy? I was hoping to not spend a LOT of money on it. But I concur... 2" clearance on each side is SSUUPPEERR close.

Quote Originally Posted by CptAmerica View Post
    ah.. I see. I didn't think a trailer would be that hard to move. My idea was to get the trailer 99% aligned while attached to my tow vehicle, but then park the tow vehicle and just use the hand truck to push the trailer straight in. You don't think that would work? Still too heavy? I was hoping to not spend a LOT of money on it. But I concur... 2" clearance on each side is SSUUPPEERR close.
    Are you doing this every time you take the boat out or only once per season?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Are you doing this every time you take the boat out or only once per season?

That's a great question. A buddy of mine has a friend with lake property, and they leave their boats docked all summer long. I, unfortunately, am not so lucky. So my boat will come home with me every Sunday and go back in the garage. So yeah, it will be going in and out of the garage many times a year. The lake is only 1 hour away, so I predict lots of day trips, and a large handful of two-day overnight trips where I take the boat AND the camper trailer.