Default Water Pump? Water Separator?

Can someone tell me what the red arrow is pointing to? I know the teal arrow is the fuel pump, but the red one has lines going in from the tank and from the fuel pump, then its off to the injectors from there.20210912_112238.jpg
    ~2003 Moomba Mobius LSV

What engine? Possibly a bypass return?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I have a 2003 Moomba Mobius with the Indmar 310 HP fuel injected engine.
    ~2003 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by weldingza View Post
    Can someone tell me what the red arrow is pointing to? I know the teal arrow is the fuel pump, but the red one has lines going in from the tank and from the fuel pump, then its off to the injectors from there.20210912_112238.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that the item in Red is the secondary(high pressure fuel pump). To avoid vapor lock, there is a low pressure pump on the engine which feeds the high pressure electric pump. One line on the pump is from the low pressure pump, the other goes directly out to the injectors, and the third is the pressure relief that feeds back to the tank so the pump doesn't deadhead.

Is that something you would recommend cleaning? I took the low pressure fuel pump out and cleaned the screen in there. It had a decent amount of gunk on it. I need to put in a fuel filter, my boat didn't come with one...
    ~2003 Moomba Mobius LSV

Bringing this one back guys... Boat ran good last summer as long as the gas tank was over half a tank... My thoughts/hope it's that I finally found the culprit for the bogging down issue I had when the tank got below half a tank. I got the filter of the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump. It was rusted on, and has no markings on it. Which leads me to believe it might be original, or at least really old. Does anyone know what filter this is?

20230314_184155.jpg
    20230314_184046.jpg
    ~2003 Moomba Mobius LSV