Default Electrical Ninjas Needed

Did a lot of maintenance on the boat today and was able to get better pictures of some connections.

A couple of things that aren’t working on the boat include the heater pump, underwater led lights, and water temp (depth still reads well)

I’ve posted these terminals before but here’s a better picture. It definitely looks like they’ve been used before but not sure for what or where? They’re tied in with the harness for the heat pump etc. Relay (the in line fuse here is not blown) I think the heater pump is just downright dead (and can’t find one right now).
    Any ideas? One maybe was on the starter?

The triducer has what might be just a plug in the harness for something else, or something is actually unplugged. I searched high and low and no dice.

Thoughts?

Thanks all and have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this is one of the “take it to the dealer moments” huh!?

I do plan to drop it off when the season is over so we’ll see what they find.

No idea where to land the rings terminals. Most likely the ground terminal goes to the block like you show. The positive is iffy. If this is for the heater pump then it used to get power off the fuel pump relay, so it ran when the boat was running. However, your Supra could be different and it is powered all the time, and landed on the battery terminal for the starter, and controlled from a dash switch. Dealer should have schematics and be able to help.

The plug looks to be a terminating resistor used for Can-bus communication on the engine management. But could very well just be a jumper or just a cap to prevent water damage. The wire harness is standard and depending on how the boat was optioned depends if every plug is used or only some of them. Being it is a factory capped wire, I would assume it could be for factory lights, or some aux function. Again, dealer could help with this also, but probably not something to worry about. You could investigate and use a meter to see if there is power on the connector. It could be controlled from a dash switch or vision screen button, or just turns on when the key is activated. Or if that plugs into the heater, then it would be the on/off low voltage control and the ring terminals do go the starter and block as suggested.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    No idea where to land the rings terminals. Most likely the ground terminal goes to the block like you show. The positive is iffy. If this is for the heater pump then it used to get power off the fuel pump relay, so it ran when the boat was running. However, your Supra could be different and it is powered all the time, and landed on the battery terminal for the starter, and controlled from a dash switch. Dealer should have schematics and be able to help.

The plug looks to be a terminating resistor used for Can-bus communication on the engine management. But could very well just be a jumper or just a cap to prevent water damage. The wire harness is standard and depending on how the boat was optioned depends if every plug is used or only some of them. Being it is a factory capped wire, I would assume it could be for factory lights, or some aux function. Again, dealer could help with this also, but probably not something to worry about. You could investigate and use a meter to see if there is power on the connector. It could be controlled from a dash switch or vision screen button, or just turns on when the key is activated. Or if that plugs into the heater, then it would be the on/off low voltage control and the ring terminals do go the starter and block as suggested.
    Thanks for your help brother. I do think I’ll leave this stuff to the dealer. It isn’t affecting us using the boat so I figure we finish off the season and when we winterize they can take their sweet time looking these things over.

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Thanks for your help brother. I do think I’ll leave this stuff to the dealer. It isn’t affecting us using the boat so I figure we finish off the season and when we winterize they can take their sweet time looking these things over.

That is the problem with this stuff. Not knowing where things came off and not being able to investigate through the my computer screen, it is impossible for myself or anyone else to help. Unless someone out here has had the same/similar situation.

I really wish I could help though. I rather enjoy figuring things out and helping people. Let us all know what happens.

Also, did the heater bypass solve the missing coolant mystery? All good so far finishing out the season?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    That is the problem with this stuff. Not knowing where things came off and not being able to investigate through the my computer screen, it is impossible for myself or anyone else to help. Unless someone out here has had the same/similar situation.

I really wish I could help though. I rather enjoy figuring things out and helping people. Let us all know what happens.

Also, did the heater bypass solve the missing coolant mystery? All good so far finishing out the season?
    I totally agree. My PDM reads no faults - not even the underwater lights even though they don’t light up so who knows. At the end of the day, things like this don’t keep me from boring.

Yes! I used a splice and just bypassed the pump. Had to refill the reservoir several time as I think I had an air bubble in the system AND lost a ton of coolant.

I’m bugging heatercraft to see if they’ll warranty my pump. They have a 4 year warranty and it’s a 2017 so who knows.