Default bilge pump issue

Greetings all, I recently purchased (two months ago) a 2001 Moomba Outback to get me thru this season and the beginning of next until I order and take delivery of a 2022 Craz!

Either my battery died or the auto bilge fuse burnt out which had my boat take on a lot of water while docked. Everything now is running great except the auto bilge. When I manually flip the switch on and off (when the float should have engaged the auto bilge) the pump will recognize the excess water and run until dry, as it should. But it will not cut on on its own. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Sounds like the float is not working right. Could be a small piece of trash in it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

The auto feature starts operating at a higher water level than if you operated it manually. I'd fill the bilge to cover the pump base and see if it turns on. Also check the pump for any debris and remove the pump cartridge and check there also. You can check for power at the pump.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Could be the float / auto activation switch on the pump itself as was mentioned or could be the auto bilge fuse. The auto bilge fuse is different from the manual bilge switch (2 separate circuits). I've been lucky enough to experience both of these failure modes in the past 2 years on my 13 Mojo. Good suggestions above to clean things up and run a test yourself as well.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Water was about ankle deep in the boat so that is why I think it might be a defective timer.

A stuck float will let it get that high too. I would check that out first. Start with the Simple eliminations.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

The separate fuse holder is installed next to the battery. I found out the hard way also.

The Attwood bilge pump has a tester on it that manually rotates the float to the up position to see if it turns on.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

My 03 Outback ls has a seperate fuse under the dash on the left side for thr automatic function on the bildge pump. It is one of the older style glass fuses.It blew once when my boat was fairly new when a small piece of fiberglass got stuck in the pump.
    jy