Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    Heater in full effect after todayís session!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude. You are champ!!!
    Looks like you guys are definitely getting your moneys worth out of it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    I had all the intentions for putting one in. As a matter of fact I ordered it from SC but still donít have a ETA so I decided to try without. So far I have tested it and seems to do well. The engine temp seems to hold good and there is enough heat coming from it.

    I do have a electric water pump for VW Jetta that will arrive Monday just as a back up. Itís $50 comparing to $205 from SC or $160 from heater craft.
    If I need to install it will a quick job. My plan is to put it in the engine compartment.
    Iíll do a video on it too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome!!! Can you message me the details of the water pump you might supplement with? Iím running into the same issues with getting a pump. I wouldnít mind trying a different option!

    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Awesome!!! Can you message me the details of the water pump you might supplement with? Iím running into the same issues with getting a pump. I wouldnít mind trying a different option!

    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is the one I ordered. I cannot tell you for sure that itís going to fit but it should based on the research Iíve done.

    BOXI Electric Auxiliary Water Pump Fit for 2009-2017 Volkswagen CC 3.6L V6 / 2006-2017 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L V6 / 2009-2010 Volkswagen Passat CC 3.6L V6 / OE# 1K0965561F 1K0965561B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1Q8F3V...CDHYHMZS99KC92


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    Here is the one I ordered. I cannot tell you for sure that itís going to fit but it should based on the research Iíve done.

    BOXI Electric Auxiliary Water Pump Fit for 2009-2017 Volkswagen CC 3.6L V6 / 2006-2017 Volkswagen Passat 3.6L V6 / 2009-2010 Volkswagen Passat CC 3.6L V6 / OE# 1K0965561F 1K0965561B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y1Q8F3V...CDHYHMZS99KC92


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfect. Thanks! Iíll look Into it as well and might order one if itíll work for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tims Ford Lake TN
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Guys, I know this should be trivial, but the pump is supplying to the heater versus suction from the heater on the the return loop to the engine correct?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Guys, I know this should be trivial, but the pump is supplying to the heater versus suction from the heater on the the return loop to the engine correct?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Correct. The pump supplies increased flow to heater core from engine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #27

    Default

    This is a really helpful thread. I have 2 dumb questions.

    1- how do you wire in the pump? Can the dash switch and fuse support it?
    2- how much coolant do you need to add to the engine once youíve plumbed it in?
    2018 Mondo

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Byezb View Post
    This is a really helpful thread. I have 2 dumb questions.

    1- how do you wire in the pump? Can the dash switch and fuse support it?
    2- how much coolant do you need to add to the engine once youíve plumbed it in?
    There is no dump question.

    The dash toggle is a switch relay combo so with the 14awg wire it should be good for at least 20amp.
    However the only thing that you wanna run off of the switch is the blower. The recirculation pump also known as auxiliary water pump needs to run the entire time that your engine is running.
    Basing it on the past experience thereís probably a set of leads that you can easily connect to the same way as they found the leads for the blower. Otherwise I will run it off of one of the engine relays.
    For your information 75% manufactures try to come in as their part so wire harnesses are the same whether you have all the options or you donít.
    I design Robotics automation and assembly systems for most of the car manufactures and I commonality is the key to keeping the cost down.

    Now back to the topic. I didnít measure exactly how much coolant I had to add but what I did was:
    1. Topped off the coolant reservoir
    2. I took a small funnel and I filled out the hoses going from the engine to the heater coil.
    You have to be quick on reconnecting.
    This prevented having bunch of air in the system and the hot coolant circulated within a minute or so.

    Hope this answer your question

    Btw, the entire install from beginning to the end took less than four hours and if Iím able to use the aftermarket pump the entire cost of the heater install will be less than $620 which is $340 less than OEM option.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    107

    Default

    So finally the heater installation has been completed.
    I have to report that everything thing works as expected.
    The fan is operating from the toggle switches and the recirculating pump has been connected to the wire harness. This means that it will only turn o when the engine is running.
    That was a great win in my book.

    Kit link:
    https://www.bakesonline.com/heater-c...RoCRBQQAvD_BwE

    Pump link:

    labwork Auxiliary Cooling Water Pump 1K0965561J Fit for VW Jetta Golf Audi A3 Passat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NL3X6WH...ing=UTF8&psc=1

    Overall It took about 5hrs to install and total was under $600.
    The install was so easy that Iím contemplating on adding a second one in the bow.

    This was a great and on. We used our heaters yesterday. I could not be happier.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Any chance you could post some pics on how you tied in the circulation pump (hose attachments etc) and how you wired it?

    I know I still owed you a pic of how mine is wired and I didnít forget. Going to boat tomorrow and was going to send pics but it looks like you figured it out!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •