Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Just made a deposit on a 2022 Mojo

I recall part of the dealer prep fee includes…..

Shipping cost of the boat easily $1000-$1200.

Dealer has to provide and install batteries. SC doesn’t supply batteries from the factory. Each battery is $150 plus a few bucks to install say $350-$400 total.

Some dealers also include the first 20 hour service in that dealer fee, $600-$800 for 20 hour service.

Delivery and set up, Dealer is supposed to do a water delivery on each boat, a full checklist to go over with customer as well as 1-2 hours of water checks to make sure no leaks, or system issues , that is a couple hours of dealer labor.

There line item fees from SC for shipping cover $450 and a foreign materials fee $400 in 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Like Larry said, the delivery fee and dealer prep fee is a real thing. They spend a lot of time once they take delivery of the boat to get it all put together, cleaned, prepped, and ready for you to take delivery. 20 hr service will save you $$ as well. If the dealer is willing to wave those fees that's a "discount" in my book. It would be nice to get something off the msrp as well but in this market i doubt you will bet much.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I didn’t even realize my dealer included the 20 hour service in my prep fee on my 2021 (They didn’t on my 201.

When I picked up boat after the required 20 hour, I was grabbing for my credit card…. No additional charge.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

To the OP, are they waving the freight and prep fees? I read it as they were not giving discounts off MSRP and they were charging the 4000 for freight and prep.

A lot of people are quick to jump in and stick up for the Supra dealers and protect their future discounts by saying that no discount and over $4k dealer prep/shipping is acceptable in this current market. I'll bet they would be pitching a bitch if they were getting hit with those fees and no discount.

In my opinion it is complete BS and its not just supply and demand it is greedy boat dealers trying to make record profits.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    A lot of people are quick to jump in and stick up for the Supra dealers and protect their future discounts by saying that no discount and over $4k dealer prep/shipping is acceptable in this current market. I'll bet they would be pitching a bitch if they were getting hit with those fees and no discount.

In my opinion it is complete BS and its not just supply and demand it is greedy boat dealers trying to make record profits.
    I absolutely would not have bought my 18 or 21 without getting the discounts. Just my nature.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post

I completely agree with both of your posts and sad thing is it's not skiers fault TO A DEGREE.

part of the big issue with this is dealer territories and I completely get why they are in place but it's not end-user friendly.
    our 2020 tige came from dealer in MN. we scored a good deal at 28% off msrp and no real dealer markups/addons. we did have to pay $1550 to ship it to us but still over 10k less than the closest dealer. the MN dealer is a powersports selling cycles and sleds so they have income stream to keep the lights on in the winter. closest dealer- which ironically is the same dealer the OP has deposit at- only does boats so no revenue in the off months. my assumption is the dealer territories help keep them in place.
    we would have had no issues paying a little more for a boat from the closer dealer(a couple grand) but over 10k on an 80k boat?? not gonna happen. and I know the dealer in MN made a few $$ on it as well.

there are dealers out there selling boats for discounts off msrp and dealers gouging customers. sad thing is the marketplace is not open for people to shop service, price and overall feel.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Our dealer waived the so-called freight and setup of $2699 when we bought our ‘21 (on top of a discount)…

If folks let themselves get overcharged because they just “have to have a boat” during this supply/demand crunch then I think they shouldn’t complain….Pay whatever the dealer wants and be happy..
    2021 Moomba Max

I chose Not to work with my local dealer when I ordered my 22 mojo. I had to explain to the dealer I Went to why and they talked to the rep before committing. My local dealer I have never had good luck with I would order parts and they would never order them. I called them 3 different times trying to see about build dates and what they could do and how early they could get one and they didn’t ever treat me like a buyer. The 1st conversation I had with the current dealer I’m working with had 2 people on the phone and we talked for a good 30 minutes. They got me a December build spot and I locked it in. They are 3 1/2 hours away but I’m happy with them.

Now just have to unload the 12 mojo before the new one arrives. Lol.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Are you new to boating? New to inboards? What will you use it for? Ski, wake, surf, tube, cruising, lounging? The used market is cooling off and there are a lot of boats that are coming down in price as the season ends. You could always go that route.
    No we are not. Been boating for over 30 years. Owned a 1998 Sanger DLX, then a 2001 Centurion Elite V Drive. Had it nearly 18 years. Great boat. Yes i have looked at used, simply garbage for $60-$70K. I like the idea of new, with warranty and all. And you just never know when you buy used. I was super meticulous about our Centurion. Was a 9/10 when we sold it with 900 hours on it.