Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I use this stuff inside and out. Cleans and provides a light wax all in 1 and can handle water spots. Disclaimer I am not after a museum quality finish throughout the season but this gets pretty close with little effort.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    '14 Mojo 2.5

Anyone put ceramic on their boat yet? I'm curious what you do for daily/weekly maintenance for things like water spots, which I assume is still a thing. I've read that you don't want to do something like hotsauce since it has a wax additive that will just screw with the ceramic coating. If someone has done it are you satisfied with it?
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    Anyone put ceramic on their boat yet? I'm curious what you do for daily/weekly maintenance for things like water spots, which I assume is still a thing. I've read that you don't want to do something like hotsauce since it has a wax additive that will just screw with the ceramic coating. If someone has done it are you satisfied with it?
    I have done ceramic on 2 boats now and very satisfied with it.

Not all ceramic is the same, and it will only look as good as the prep you do before applying it.

As far as weekly maintenance, I use a quick detailer/waterless wash with some white vinegar added, works great.

End of this season I tried hot sauce and was equally happy with results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yeah, it looks like the prep and application is super important. I was looking at the glidecoat products and I think they have a maintenance product but didn't know what others had done. It seems more rare in the marine space so I was curious what others thought of the results and maintenance. Thanks for the reply.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    Yeah, it looks like the prep and application is super important. I was looking at the glidecoat products and I think they have a maintenance product but didn't know what others had done. It seems more rare in the marine space so I was curious what others thought of the results and maintenance. Thanks for the reply.
    Not terribly popular on this forum. It’s rather expensive unless you have the ability to do it yourself.

I did a brand new SA last spring and even new the gelcoat needed quite a bit of polishing and correction. I used IGL marine which is pro only. I have a pro friend that coached me and was able to sell me 200ml for the boat. I had just under 30 hours into polishing/correcting and applying 2 coats of IGL Marine to all gelcoat and the trailer/wheels.

I do the waterline up, basically all gel coat exterior and interior minus the hull.

I did not apply to vinyl as chilltech vinyl is very specific not to use anything but Dawn soap on it.

Gloss readings from the factory were upper 80’s to low 90’s (out of 100), with correction I got it to 96-99 with a pro grade gloss meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan