Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Just made a deposit on a 2022 Mojo

I have made a deposit on a new Mojo. March 2022 Delivery. I have read on a few forums that certain dealers are offering discounts. The dealer i am dealing with offered my nothing. But did happily add a manufacture delivery charge for over $3K, and dealer prep fee of $1000.00. Anyone have experience in dealers offering discounts?

Quote Originally Posted by mlackski View Post
    I have made a deposit on a new Mojo. March 2022 Delivery. I have read on a few forums that certain dealers are offering discounts. The dealer i am dealing with offered my nothing. But did happily add a manufacture delivery charge for over $3K, and dealer prep fee of $1000.00. Anyone have experience in dealers offering discounts?
    Having a prexisting relationship makes a difference. You might not get a discount this time but you will on the next one.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

There's no "manufacturer" delivery charge. Both fees are arbitrary fees set up by dealer. For the set up fee, I know of people being charged anywhere between $0 and $1500. When I was getting quotes from different Skiers Choice dealers it varied from $495 (multiple) and $2500. Delivery also varied from $0 all the way to $3000.
    Don't be afraid to shop a little and make offers. Everyone talks about having a good relationship with the dealer, and I agree it's important, but a good relationship is a two way street in my opinion.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

High demand and constrained supply means current market dictates a one-way street.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I would still try to find another dealer for price comparison. Fully building out a Mojo + $4k gets you into a lot of different things in the midwest. Being in Arizona does not help price negotiations.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Are you new to boating? New to inboards? What will you use it for? Ski, wake, surf, tube, cruising, lounging? The used market is cooling off and there are a lot of boats that are coming down in price as the season ends. You could always go that route.

I know jason robertson from germaine(chief "everything" officer) from my tige days and they have a solid business. I would have suggested reaching out to him directly but with a deposit placed, some of your negotiation ability is gone.
    we shopped them in 2020 along with prestige in boise(and century/boulder/action in phx) and both dealers were within a few benjamins of each other so they can be competitive but in the current market supply and demand is driving pricing. you could try a different dealer but it's hard out west AND factor in skiers choice territory agreements.

onlyinboards has creeped from 1000 boats to 2150 in the last 2 months so the market is showing signs of turning. I see it as being happy with the deal you have if you are, shopping for a different brand and seeing if that nets you any leverage to negotiate a few % off or waiting until winter to assess market conditions for a new or used purchase as mgs mentions.
    the last 2 are a gamble tho says the guy from sin city
    Last edited by sandm; 08-25-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

double post.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

In sales, it's called screw the stupid buyer and give the smart buyer a good deal.

If I am a boat dealer/salesperson at a boat dealership I am still starting off with we can't discount due to what RC said, supply/demand, parts constraints...blah, blah, blah. If the buyer isn't going to push for discounts and work to negotiate a better deal for himself including possibly walking from the deal then I am not offering anything additional discount-wise. The throwing in the $3k delivery and $1k dealer prep is fuzzy math and in real-world dollars far less than $4k discount.

Bottom line there are clear signs that the boat market is flipping at least here in DFW and on Only Inboards. I know of 2 2022 SE550s that are available now that a few months ago you couldn't find a new Supra locally.

The last thing the Dealers are going to do is start telling people things are slowing down, they want to make hay while the sunshine, but the market will flip and boats will start sitting and 15-20% discounts will be back once boats start sitting collecting dust.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Zero discount is unacceptable.....

They are not even going to throw you a token appreciation bone?

All things are relative, but I would tell them to pound it. Regardless of market, your six figure business should be earned.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)