Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Software

Have your dealer contact our Customer Service Department or their rep. Dealers have certainly been made aware of the new software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    So.... can we work on then putting out some maintenance bulletins on it and start educating the dealers on the options / process? Like I said, I reached out and they seemed to know less than what is even offered here.. ? Trust me, I'd rather drop it off and have them do the work also..

I have been a die hard SC fan for years now.. but if I'm being totally honest, I'm really getting tired of chasing around fixes for my brand new boat all summer..

at this rate, it will be next season before I get to try out the new software I guess.
    This boils down to dealer quality and training.

Ultimately SC is responsible to make sure dealers are trained and qualified to diagnose and service their products.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    So.... can we work on then putting out some maintenance bulletins on it and start educating the dealers on the options / process? Like I said, I reached out and they seemed to know less than what is even offered here.. ? Trust me, I'd rather drop it off and have them do the work also..

I have been a die hard SC fan for years now.. but if I'm being totally honest, I'm really getting tired of chasing around fixes for my brand new boat all summer..

at this rate, it will be next season before I get to try out the new software I guess.
    Look back in this thread and you will see pics of the USB connection. I know that other's with 2021s have removed the sub to get to it.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I spoke with sales at my dealer and they didn’t know. Spoke with service and he was sure that he could get it and have a quick install. I’m pretty close to my dealer, so I plan to bring it there next week.

For those that do choose to do it on their own, I did hunt for the USB cable today. I removed the sub and found it. Honestly, probably easiest way is access behind the screen. 4 screws and you’re there. Mine was black in a Makai.

2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)

Did mine on a 2021 Mojo. As others have said the hardest part was finding the USB..I removed the subwoofer, that was pretty easy. Pics earlier in the thread of what mine looked like.

The location of the USB on mine looks to be the same as Ironman10’s pic, but very difficult to find if coming in from the front seat. Looks like the screen removal might be easier.
    Last edited by KiloRomeo; 08-27-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Default 2022 Software

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Just a heads up, we recommend that all software updates be done by your dealer. There's more to it than just updating the software, and it's dependent on many other factors to work correctly. You run the risk of bricking your boat by not allowing a certified tech to handle it. Basically, we do not recommend doing this yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Just to echo what Mobius22 said previously in this thread, we at Skier’s Choice HIGHLY recommend that software updates be performed by dealers only. Especially with the 2022 software, there is much more to it than a simple software reflash. Certain components on your will not work correctly and you are at a risk of voiding your factory warranty. Please reach out to your dealers for specific information.

Would either of you mind explaining what “more”there is to the update besides just updating the software that requires a dealer to perform it? Or what components will not work correctly if we do it our selves?

I think most of us here want to do the right thing and if having the dealer perform this is really needed to do and complete the job than most people will end up going that route. That being said for most of us this will be a pretty big inconvenience for something we could probably do ourselves, not to mention most of the dealers are booked out pretty far and have little to no knowledge about this. So a little more explanation might help to clarify why we need the dealer to perform this. (Most of us are pretty technician people and geek out on this stuff anyways so we appreciate the knowledge) TIA

Last edited by TXSurf4; 08-27-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Would either of you mind explaining what “more”there is to the update besides just updating the software that requires a dealer to perform it? Or what components will not work correctly if we do it our selves?

I think most of us here want to do the right thing and if having the dealer perform this is really needed to do and complete the job than most people will end up going that route. That being said for most of us this will be a pretty big inconvenience for something we could probably do ourselves, not to mention most of the dealers are booked out pretty far and have little to no knowledge about this. So a little more explanation might help to clarify why we need the dealer to perform this. (Most of us are pretty technician people and geek out on this stuff anyways so we appreciate the knowledge) TIA

As someone who works in an “engine” industry and programs components (ECUs, HMIs, etc) for customers often I can tell you the Skiers Choice guys position on this is 100% correct and in no way do they owe you an explanation on why.

You might be capable of plugging in a USB and properly updating the software, but 99% of boat owners are not capable of the most simple of tasks like this and it will certainly lead to bricking and other issues.

That being said, perhaps they should develop a “auto update” process similar to an iPhone that can be performed when connecting your boat to WiFi.
    Last edited by brad460; 08-28-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    2021 Moomba Max

I'm surprised at all the software fix is out there. It's a QA issue to make sure the right software gets installed on the right boat and performs the way it is supposed to. This is very important during the warrenty period. After that, your on your own anyway.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    As someone who works in an “engine” industry and programs components (ECUs, HMIs, etc) for customers often I can tell you the Skiers Choice guys position on this is 100% correct and in no way do they owe you an explanation on why.

You might be capable of plugging in a USB and properly updating the software, but 99% of boat owners are not capable of the most simple of tasks like this and it will certainly lead to bricking and other issues.

That being said, perhaps they should develop a “auto update” process similar to an iPhone that can be performed when connecting your boat to WiFi.
    No one said that they “owed” us anything I just asked if they “would mind explaining” it to us. I figured on a forum where we discuss a lot of technical issues a simple explanation of what all we could expect if and when we take our boat to our dealer to have this done isn’t asking to much.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I'm surprised at all the software fix is out there. It's a QA issue to make sure the right software gets installed on the right boat and performs the way it is supposed to. This is very important during the warrenty period. After that, your on your own anyway.
    It is out there every year I have done it to my boat each year.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans