Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Software

Just go to your dealer and explain you installed a bootleg copy and now you want to know what it does.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    No one said that they “owed” us anything I just asked if they “would mind explaining” it to us. I figured on a forum where we discuss a lot of technical issues a simple explanation of what all we could expect if and when we take our boat to our dealer to have this done isn’t asking to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry- I came off a bit harsh there…my apologies.

Anyways, in my experience bricking is the number one issue when reprogramming an HMI (which is what Skiers Choice mentioned above).
    2021 Moomba Max

Anyone getting the following error while trying to engage Cruise on the new 2022 Software? It pops up and the boat won't get up to speed. You disable cruise, pop it back on....then it seems to work.

It seems to happen when I don't ease into pulling up a rider more frequently. I have a paddlewheel setup.

Thanks!

hey guys! Its me again, Matt Brown. I have been trying to keep up with this chain and I have noticed there are lots of confusion about some of the new 2022 Moomba software features. So to try and help, I will go back to my old "tips of the day" where hopefully I can give you guys some info in easily digestible sections. So, without further ado....

Random tips of the day (2022 Moomba software) - paddlewheel fault

In the post above, you will notice one of the new features is a new "paddlewheel fault". We call it that on our development pages in the software. As you can see, when this "fault" occurs, it shows up on the screen as a small icon on the bottom right that reads "Cruise disabled - No vessel speed". The reason we added this logic is because for 2022 ZeroOff is standard and the paddlewheel is optional. In the past, if you had ZeroOff then you still had paddlewheel as a backup if you lost GPS. However, without paddlewheel backup, we had to add logic in case you lost GPS. While very unlikely, if you did lose vessel speed and cruise was engaged, it might be possible for the engine to increase rpm to try and maintain a vessel speed that was not present. So, the way the new logic works is it is constantly monitoring rpm and vessel speed. The default settings are if the engine is on, and the RPM is going over 1800 and if the system sees a 0.0 speed for at least 50 milliseconds, then the system will turn off cruise, give you the popup and reduce RPM to 80% of the RPM that the engine is currently running. However, there are a few times when you might need to adjust these settings. For example, if you are running paddlewheel only, then it might be possible for the system to "lose signal" for 50 ms. That is a very fast period. If you have this popup, you might want to go into the development pages and adjust that setting from 50ms to 150 ms or maybe longer. Every paddlewheel is different but if you have to adjust it higher than 250ms (1/4 of a second), then you might need to replace your paddlewheel. Another situation that might not need adjustment, but rather education is if you turn on engine and immediately try to accelerate. The GPS puck is powered from the ignition circuit. So, it takes about 30 seconds from the time you turn key on for the GPS puck to lock in on speed. If you turn key on and immediately accelerate, it is possible that the system might not lock in GPS speed and in that case, it would not engage cruise because it sees 0.0. In that case, watching the screen can show you that. If you accelerate and the speed shows 0.0, then you are definitely going to get that popup. In that case, you might just need to wait a few seconds longer before you accelerate. The truth is you wouldn't want cruise to engage like that anyways. Not sure if you have ever seen this, but we have had that feedback before of the boat accelerates, then cruise takes over and the engine slows way down. That can happen for the same reason. If you accelerate with no speed, then speed kicks in, it can make the cruise feel very awkward for a little bit.

Ok, hope that helps. If you are not familiar with the "development pages", then ask your dealer for help. They can adjust these settings for you if necessary. In the next few days I will try to write up similar tips for "Leak detection" and "Autofill". These seem to be very confusing for some people but I think once you guys understand it, you will love these new features. Hope you guys and girls are having a great summer!!

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    hey guys! Its me again, Matt Brown. I have been trying to keep up with this chain and I have noticed there are lots of confusion about some of the new 2022 Moomba software features. So to try and help, I will go back to my old "tips of the day" where hopefully I can give you guys some info in easily digestible sections. So, without further ado....

In the post above, you will notice one of the new features is a new "paddlewheel fault". We call it that on our development pages in the software. As you can see, when this "fault" occurs, it shows up on the screen as a small icon on the bottom right that reads "Cruise disabled - No vessel speed". The reason we added this logic is because for 2022 ZeroOff is standard and the paddlewheel is optional. In the past, if you had ZeroOff then you still had paddlewheel as a backup if you lost GPS. However, without paddlewheel backup, we had to add logic in case you lost GPS. While very unlikely, if you did lose vessel speed and cruise was engaged, it might be possible for the engine to increase rpm to try and maintain a vessel speed that was not present. So, the way the new logic works is it is constantly monitoring rpm and vessel speed. The default settings are if the engine is on, and the RPM is going over 1800 and if the system sees a 0.0 speed for at least 50 milliseconds, then the system will turn off cruise, give you the popup and reduce RPM to 80% of the RPM that the engine is currently running. However, there are a few times when you might need to adjust these settings. For example, if you are running paddlewheel only, then it might be possible for the system to "lose signal" for 50 ms. That is a very fast period. If you have this popup, you might want to go into the development pages and adjust that setting from 50ms to 150 ms or maybe longer. Every paddlewheel is different but if you have to adjust it higher than 250ms (1/4 of a second), then you might need to replace your paddlewheel. Another situation that might not need adjustment, but rather education is if you turn on engine and immediately try to accelerate. The GPS puck is powered from the ignition circuit. So, it takes about 30 seconds from the time you turn key on for the GPS puck to lock in on speed. If you turn key on and immediately accelerate, it is possible that the system might not lock in GPS speed and in that case, it would not engage cruise because it sees 0.0. In that case, watching the screen can show you that. If you accelerate and the speed shows 0.0, then you are definitely going to get that popup. In that case, you might just need to wait a few seconds longer before you accelerate. The truth is you wouldn't want cruise to engage like that anyways. Not sure if you have ever seen this, but we have had that feedback before of the boat accelerates, then cruise takes over and the engine slows way down. That can happen for the same reason. If you accelerate with no speed, then speed kicks in, it can make the cruise feel very awkward for a little bit.

Ok, hope that helps. If you are not familiar with the "development pages", then ask your dealer for help. They can adjust these settings for you if necessary. In the next few days I will try to write up similar tips for "Leak detection" and "Autofill". These seem to be very confusing for some people but I think once you guys understand it, you will love these new features. Hope you guys and girls are having a great summer!!
    Wow man! Those are some great explanations. More to come on Leak detection and Autofill? I await to read it!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default 2022 Software Dealer Install

Hi All,

Are we to the point where dealers are ready / willing to install the 2022 Software on 2021 Boats? Green Light?

Getting conflicting info.. . I don't want to do it myself (for all the reasons mentioned in previous posts).. but also don't want to drive it all the way to the dealer to get the "blank stare" ...

..It's getting closer to the end of the season and I need to decide if we are going to wait until the end of the year.. or try to get it done now and test it out before the end of the season (which I really want to do).

Been having issues with my tabs not resetting, or otherwise somehow "losing" settings, even if I haven't changed anything. Hoping to have that looked at and get the software installed at the same time (who knows, maybe it will help).

Thanks in advance.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Hi All,

Are we to the point where dealers are ready / willing to install the 2022 Software on 2021 Boats? Green Light?

Getting conflicting info.. . I don't want to do it myself (for all the reasons mentioned in previous posts).. but also don't want to drive it all the way to the dealer to get the "blank stare" ...

..It's getting closer to the end of the season and I need to decide if we are going to wait until the end of the year.. or try to get it done now and test it out before the end of the season (which I really want to do).

Been having issues with my tabs not resetting, or otherwise somehow "losing" settings, even if I haven't changed anything. Hoping to have that looked at and get the software installed at the same time (who knows, maybe it will help).

Thanks in advance.

Call the dealer, tell them moomba has a new software firmware for your boat and you would like them to contact skiers choice and download the new firmware. Ask them to let you know when they have downloaded it and you will bring the boat in to be updated. I just do my own, if it goes wrong play dumb..lol..It really is plug it in, turn boat off and on my boat 4inch screen I press and hold the center button to update.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

So helpful Matt!! Thanks!
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
    Dealers “not in the know” or “pretending not to know” b/c they do not have time?

I heard about it reading a Wake9 post about a ballast video he is releasing about weight placement.

The Wake9 boat has been running the new software on their 2021. Robert was telling people to contact their dealers. I know he would not post this unless he had the green light from SC.

SC people are on this thread.

2018 Supra SL400

Always appreciate the education Matt! Knowing what the system is doing and why helps to maximize the fun.

2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)