Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default People Using Your Boat

So after a couple of years I finally let my brother and his family, along with another family apparently, spend the week I was at the beach at our lakehouse.
    After 2 weeks of no boat I got to the house late Friday afternoon. Didn't unload the Jeep because all I wanted to do was get in the boat and go. Took the cover off and leaned over to turn on the blower and sure enough the blower and bildge switches were flipped. Dead dead dead battery. The "3/4" of a tank he swore he left in it was more like 3/4 of an 1/8 of a tank and the cooler his friend left on the in the front locker had rotted stank beer in it that still stinks.
    I can't be mad at my brother really but I'm pretty sure he has enjoyed his last unsupervised boat use.

2004 Moomba Outback LS
    2016 Wrangler JK

14 years of wakeboat ownership and in that time, not ONCE did I ever let a boat in the water without being with it. for the same reasons above.

but I'm also the same guy that won't lend a vehicle out. need a truck to use for a day? home depot and uhaul rent 'em...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    14 years of wakeboat ownership and in that time, not ONCE did I ever let a boat in the water without being with it. for the same reasons above.

but I'm also the same guy that won't lend a vehicle out. need a truck to use for a day? home depot and uhaul rent 'em...
    No truer words….

Never lend a truck
    Never lend a boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    So after a couple of years I finally let my brother and his family, along with another family apparently, spend the week I was at the beach at our lakehouse.
    After 2 weeks of no boat I got to the house late Friday afternoon. Didn't unload the Jeep because all I wanted to do was get in the boat and go. Took the cover off and leaned over to turn on the blower and sure enough the blower and bildge switches were flipped. Dead dead dead battery. The "3/4" of a tank he swore he left in it was more like 3/4 of an 1/8 of a tank and the cooler his friend left on the in the front locker had rotted stank beer in it that still stinks.
    I can't be mad at my brother really but I'm pretty sure he has enjoyed his last unsupervised boat use.
    Oh man, I feel for you! I know some people like that too. Can't choose your family though! I let friends stay at our lake house all the time, and let them use our jetskis. But never, ever my boat! I have some, most actually, that leave things as good or better than they found them. But a few take advantage and do not. I rarely borrow anything from people, but when I do I always return it super clean and full of fuel if it is something that takes it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Only person that has any hope of ever borrowing my boat is my father because I grew up on his boats and would return the favor. Luckily he hates the lake so I've got little to worry about!

I do agree though that's your brother's last solo ride lol
    2020 Supra SA

I have a core group of friends, 5 families that all boat and own boats. I would and have let any of them use my boat when needed and vice versa. My boat was in the shop, 1 family had a baseball tournament all weekend, I pulled his boat out of storage and used it all weekend. Last week another buddy left his boat in his slip up in Broken Bow. They had a soccer tournament 3 hours away, he took off for the soccer tournament and we were going to Broken Bow that weekend and didn't haul a boat up...we just used his and brought it back home for him after the weekend was over.

It depends on who your friends are and if they are boaters or not. We all take excellent care of our boats and know that if we let another family use it, that it will return in the same or cleaner condition.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    I have a core group of friends, 5 families that all boat and own boats. I would and have let any of them use my boat when needed and vice versa. My boat was in the shop, 1 family had a baseball tournament all weekend, I pulled his boat out of storage and used it all weekend. Last week another buddy left his boat in his slip up in Broken Bow. They had a soccer tournament 3 hours away, he took off for the soccer tournament and we were going to Broken Bow that weekend and didn't haul a boat up...we just used his and brought it back home for him after the weekend was over.

It depends on who your friends are and if they are boaters or not. We all take excellent care of our boats and know that if we let another family use it, that it will return in the same or cleaner condition.
    I can agree with that. There are a few people I would trust with my boat, and they happen to be people that own a similar boat. So I know they can handle it properly and understand how they work and how to take care of a boat. Quite frankly, most people on this forum would probably fall into that category....if I knew you personally that is!

2021 Moomba Makai

Probably true there. I just don't know anyone with a nice boat

MY FIL would probably be fine but I've seen him dock his boat on an aluminum dock with no bumpers so he's out of the running ��
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Probably true there. I just don't know anyone with a nice boat

MY FIL would probably be fine but I've seen him dock his boat on an aluminum dock with no bumpers so he's out of the running ��
    Ouch!! Jab, Jab, burn, burn! LOL!

2021 Moomba Makai

Default People Using Your Boat

I agree on people who own similar boats.

After hanging out with KnoxMojo, I would let him use my boat no problem.

Funny story, let one of my best friends use my truck to go to Home Depot to get done 2x4’s

He picked up 48 sheets of OSB instead…….let that sink in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 08-19-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan