Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Most non-boaters have no idea of the cost when you pull up to the station and have to gas up the boat. Mine never gets below 1/4 tank. And for me last night, it was both the boat and the truck. Pay to play.

Not to mention the time it takes when everyone leaves after a boat outing and you are still cleaning, straightening up, wiping down, removing boards, and putting the cover on, etc.

Just like everyone else, itís a great feeling to jump in a clean boat to start a session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Jimm View Post
    So just to circle back to this, we had lunch with my brother this past weekend and I bit my tongue about the boat. We had talked about it but I'm still able to work myself up about it. I mean, its my boat which I dearly love. Anyway, after lunch he hands me a 20 "for the gas" he used. He's typically a very smart guy but this was just a stupid idea. If I'm taking people out I don't even think about gas money, but its nice when they offer. But you used $80 worth of gas, left me with a dead battery and empty tank, another $80, and $20 is what you come with?!?! I just played it off and gave it to the twins to buy candy with. I figure he is trying to butter me up for Labor Day weekend.
    Personally I would leave the gas tank empty and let him experience it.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

you gots more than I do. no way I would have held my tongue. and no way he would ever get the boat again alone.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Personally I would leave the gas tank empty and let him experience it.

Boom! That's the way to do it! Tell him he can use it Labor day, leave it empty. Kill your batteries too!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds Rev 8's, 10's, & sub

Don't kill your batteries...they have been through enough.
    Remove them so he can replace them, leave the tank empty, and then remove the boards, ropes, etc.

No clean, no gas, no toys!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Don't kill your batteries...they have been through enough.
    Remove them so he can replace them, leave the tank empty, and then remove the boards, ropes, etc.

No clean, no gas, no toys!
    Plus leave it on the trailer so he can truly experience taking it to the launch with his truck.

You are doing him a solid by putting it on the trailer so he can pay less at a land based gas station.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My wife saw my face reading thru this thread and says, "what ya thinking about." So I ask her, "can your brother take our boat for the day." Her answer was perfect but avoided the point, "he doesn't have his boating certificate," which is required in NH." Thinking back I used to struggle to say no to peoples requests to use our jetskis before the boating certificate was required.
    The day I turned 16 it was a given that I could take out my parents ski boat without even asking. Gas, cleaning, launching, maintenance was a natural responsibility when using their boat.
    My sister and her husband would be welcome to use our boat even though we are on opposite coasts and don't spend as much time together as we used to. We have similar values and shared mutual respect.
    We love my wife's brother, he is the life of the party but has a different set of values. Although he has the skills to take our boat he lacks similar values when using some else's stuff. He returned a piece of equipment he borrowed the other day. Yes it was full of diesel, but so full it was running down the side of the machine. Half full cup of coffee in the cup holder with coffee splashed on the windshield.
    A few years back I borrowed his backhoe, the tires were so bald I punctured one on next to nothing. I could have plugged it but put a new one on instead.
    He borrowed my dump truck, which is like new, pristine and polished. I'm not sure what he did with it but brought it back with huge chunks of tread missing from 3 tires and some majors sidewall gashes. He acknowledged the damage but did nothing.
    I suck at tough conversations, good luck with yours.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Let Nancy handle it for you!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds Rev 8's, 10's, & sub

Its hard to just let someone borrow your stuff. I am always quick to offer up a tool or advice, because it will keep me from getting to the point where I have to do the job. but no way I would let someone take my boat ski or other vehicle out. I will let others drive when I am with them because I deserve a pull behind the boat too, but thats about as far as I can go with it.
    2016 moomba mondo surf edition
    Wm 910s
    Indmar Raptor 400
    OJ prop

98 Malibu Sunsetter lx(for sale)