Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Makia sub

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I believe you will find that the OEM tower amp is a Wet Sounds Syn-DX4 bridged to 2 chnls, so its at its capacity. Cant add additional speakers to it.
    yeah you are right about the amp, its oversized too, 400w rms, vs the speaker at 300w rms

6ch is same with the sub, 600wrms at amp and 300 at speaker, room for 2 more 6.5's too, not sure where i would mount them.

amps have some room
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

The bow. Is where the 5th and 6th speaker go. But if you have the upgraded stereo with bow speakers already then not sure.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

its oversized too, 400w rms, vs the speaker at 300w rms
    Not at all too much wattage. 400 is a good spot to be. I run my demo's at 525W rms. Wattage above the rated RMS means the speaker reaches its potential with the amp running at a more conservative setting.

The woofer should be the Revo-10HP which is rated at 400W/800W RMS/PEAK. It will handle the the bridged 600W all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Not at all too much wattage. 400 is a good spot to be. I run my demo's at 525W rms. Wattage above the rated RMS means the speaker reaches its potential with the amp running at a more conservative setting.

The woofer should be the Revo-10HP which is rated at 400W/800W RMS/PEAK. It will handle the the bridged 600W all day long.
    valid points... ocd in me just likes matching numbers.

i still need to get it on the water before i go adding anything anyways...
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Hey when you audio guys get your westsound systems tuned like you think they should be, let me know what the amp settings are. I believe I have the same setup with the ported sub, Rev 10 tower, and bow speaker system. I believe mine sounds pretty good. Even good bass out of the tower, but hey I am always up for improvements.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Reviving this on hopes someone smarter than me has got the “best” settings! Any luck?
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x16.5 prop (18 back up)
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers (custom) bag upgrade

What all is in the boat now?
    6 cabin speakers, 10 sub in ported box under the locker, rev10s on tower ?
    What amps are part of the upgrade?
    How are things wired?
    Do you have zone control, and how is that configured?

Just setting your amps to someone else's settings doesn't guarantee good sound.
    Not trying to sound like a jerk but if you can post the answers we can help you much better than say turn gain to 75%.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Just setting your amps to someone else's settings doesn't guarantee good sound
    True. While some settings could be mirrored, the one variable is the actual music source of the donor settings. Tuner, 3.5, USB, SAT or BT? All of these would result in a gain setting that could not end with the best performance when transferred to a different system thats using a different music source.