Default New moomba xlv owner

Hey everybody, new owner of a 2005 moomba mobius xlv out of Jax Florida and ive been searching on here and reading lots of good information on modifications and stuff. That being said, i swear ive searched and cant find the answer to this. Can anyone post a pic of the seat that comes with an xlv designed to sit over a cooler specifialy. My boat did not come with one and im going to try and construct one. Any suggestions on what material to use, or where to buy stuff for it or who to take it too and anything else yall want to throw out there is welcomed.
    Thank you

Welcome to the site! Glad to see someone else close by. I am in Blackshear GA if you know where that is. I don't have an XLV, but will search up what I can. On the seat material, I would use some HDPE for the base. You can get flat sheets of it many places. Probably go with 1/2" at least depending on how big it is to keep it from bending. Is plastics.com has some. Farmtek has it, Grainger, several places you can find it. Just search HDPE sheets. A cutting board from Walmart is HDPE.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks man, im gonna look into that. I dont know where blackshear is off the top off my head but ill google it up lol.

i don't have a picture either but like HFarr said you can buy the hdpe anywhere, then buy some foam from a furniture shop or online. The vinyl you can get from a local shop that does boats. Just bring one you have and see if they have some vinyl that will match. I have made a few back rests for the bow this way and they turned out ok.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks guys, i did end up taking some meaaurements and ordering some hdpe for it. Ill let yall know how it turns out.

Congrats on the new toy! I have a 2006 XLV and love it. For what it is worth, the seat cushion you are talking about is actually designed to be a rear facing back rest for the center seat in the rear of the boat. That center cushion and trans housing cover slide to toward the driver and you install two metal poles that the "cooler" cushion slides onto as a back rest to watch riders from. If you have no intention of using that set up, I would just build the cushion to cover that spot without the extra lumber and mounting points. We have all the parts to use that set up and have never set it up in the 7 years I've owned the boat. Just FYI if you didn't know that. good luck either way and enjoy it!!!
    2006 Mobius xlv
    2006 Ford F150 4x4
    Kansas Livin'

Welcome!

It seems like they had an HDPE base with 2 runs of 3/4" square tubing or angle iron below them to support the seat across the gap as the HDPE wont do it by itself.
    2021 Makai