Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Was the pump working fine before during the season? The only reason I mentioned the ball valve being shut was if you bought the boat recently and this is your first time going through it. If that's the case then it's possible the previous owner or dealership closed the valve for winterization (or whatever reason). If the ballast pump was working fine and all the sudden is not then it's likely not the ball valve as those are just simple "gates" to allow water in and out of the thru hull fitting when the ballast pump is running.
    this is a very good point. I bought this 2016 Moomba Surf recently. I thought I looked under the front seat to make sure all three ballast bags were filling, but I may not have done that. I do remember looking at the dash gauge and seeing the bags fill, but realize now that those bars are all based off time, not a sensor in the bags. I will look under the boat and see if I can find the ball valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2slow View Post
    What model of boat are we talking about? Most modern Moomba boats consist of a Center tank and a bag under the bow seats for the front ballast. The front bag fills from the over flow from the Center tank and wonÂ’t begin filling until the tank is pretty much full. When you first begin to fill the front you will hear the pump running but wonÂ’t see the bag filling for a few minutes.
    this is a 2016 Moomba Mojo Surf. I am not sure if there is a center tank since I just bought this boat. The previous owner told me about the bags, but not a tank. I never see the bag filling, even at the very end of the fill time. All I really know is that the ballasts stop filling because the time setting tells it the bag is full, not because there is a sensor that says the ballast full.

Yea I would for sure follow the lines and find the ball valve to ensure it’s set to open.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I have the same boat but a 2015 model. There is a tank in the floor. You can see the level on the side of it through the middle plug port (cover in floor next to the driver's seat). It has to fil first then it spills into the bow bag. Takes 12-13 minutes to fill them both all the way. The ball valve that are looking for is under the transmission/v-drive dog house. Once you pull it out, they will be on the port side. There should be 3 of them, make sure all are open, handle parallel with the hose.

If the pump keep turning off while trying to fill, go through the screens and reset your ballast level to empty on the center. The timers should start over this way, otherwise you get 30 seconds or so of additional runtime by turning the switch off and back on again.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

This is super helpful. The front bags may not be filling just because the center ballast is not filling long enough. I need to check the settings, but I am pretty sure all three ballasts are set for less than 8 min, and the center ballast is shortest time, different from the right and left. I probably need to recalibrate the ballast fill times to confirm this. Is there a way to correctly determine ballast fill and empty times?.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyppy View Post
    This is super helpful. The front bags may not be filling just because the center ballast is not filling long enough. I need to check the settings, but I am pretty sure all three ballasts are set for less than 8 min, and the center ballast is shortest time, different from the right and left. I probably need to recalibrate the ballast fill times to confirm this. Is there a way to correctly determine ballast fill and empty times?.
    The only sure way to do that is to use a watch and keep flipping the switch off and back on until you can visually see the bags are all full.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

You can calculate it.

3-pump system = 1 pump for rear x 2 + 1 pump for center and bow.

Jabsco pump is ~11gpm
    water is 8.3lbs/gallon

700+500=1200lbs / 8.3 = 144.5 gallons / 11 = 13.1 minutes.

Go to "Vessel Settings" and change the timers. You can calculate the rear bags the same way and see what they need to be changed to also. The meters on the screen will now be closer to the actual value of the bags. The gauge is an estimate based on time and efficiency of the pump. Old impeller will take longer to fill or not fill at all.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Real world experience on the same boat/setup = 14 mins on front ballast timer.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

My 2016 Mojo front stopped working yesterday and rears filled fine. Switch light turns on but appears no motor sound so figuring pump is having issue. Can anyone let me know where pumps are located in the Mojo? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SHINDIG2.0 View Post
    My 2016 Mojo front stopped working yesterday and rears filled fine. Switch light turns on but appears no motor sound so figuring pump is having issue. Can anyone let me know where pumps are located in the Mojo? Thanks
    I’d bet it’s your impeller shredded. When they are running with no fins, they are pretty quiet. I couldn’t hear mine run at all, but it was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk