Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking to upgrade

Guys, Gals, anyone who wants to respond.

Went out this weekend and rode my 2015 MOJO manual Flow 1.0. Wife and I surfed. Taught my SIL to surf and nephew rode the kneeboard. Great time!
    Buddy came out 2019 Craz autowake and I surfed his boat. Goofy wave was good and better than mine and I like not having to list so far or move taps manually.
    His friend 2022 Supra SA400. Flip a switch and surf all day. Wave was longer and just better hands down.
    Another guy 2021 Malibu MXZ 23. This thing was a beast in the water. Bow rise was a little more but he was 5k ballast all subfloor but 2 PNP bags in the rear. The flip out platform step is awesome and fit and finish between the Bu and SA was real close. Probably give it to the Bu but chilltech and thrusters on the SA were nice perks.

Come this time next season, the wife and I will be able to upgrade. I'm taking a promotion in October and she is switching jobs. After seeing both the SA and Bu those would be the top contenders going forward. My wife likes the SL better to stay at 23ft (I agree also) but looking for anyone with experience. I understand these are 1st world problems. Everyone on this site has them since we can afford boats in the first place.

I guess let the argument begin!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

have 2 cousins. both boaters.
    granted a few years ago but cousin #1 had 2 new bu's back in the 2016-2018 timeframe and hated them both. said fit/finish after putting 30-50hrs on them was not worth the price, bow rise was absolutely silly and overall not what the price represented. sold the 2nd for a nautty gs200 and said it was night and day better. he's now in a 90's era DD as all he does anymore is waterski so didn't need the fatty payment.
    cousin #2 started in a '20 tige r23. loved it. sold for a '21 23zx and couldn't run away fast enough. fit/finish wasn't there for the price, wake was not ever good on goofy side and overall a bust of a boat. sold it for a '22 supra SL with the huffer motor. loved it. I got to surf it and the wave is really really good. on par with the centurion ri237. couple small nits on it but otherwise a solid boat. he sold it this fall and is now boatless. I think he'll land back in an r23. for the price it's one of the best surfboats out there and tige GO is so much easier to use than supra's vision. both he and the wife loved the supra but for the amount of use, the r23 was almost as good at roughly half the cost(he has 2 kids about to enter college). I told him shop a new mojo to compare to r23 so we'll see.

that said if I was in the market for your first world problem, bu wouldn't be on the radar. for us we would be shopping supra and centurion but would likely end up in a supra. riding his boat a month ago the vinyl is hands down some of the best I have seen and the wave was crazy out of the box. I can't imagine how much better it'll get with some lead spread around.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have a 21 mojo and not happy with it at all. Ive been shopping lately and was in a decked out Malibu. The interior was so freaking hot it would burn you. Even there light gray flooring. Malibu also has a stupid rule on their dealer's where you can only buy from a certain dealer based on where you live. We've really been looking hard at the supremes. I have no experience with supra since no dealers in Florida.

Default Looking to upgrade

Shocked the 21Tige was such a turd, isn’t that their flagship model?

Honestly if they were seemingly happy with the 22SL550, why get rid of it?

With the year over year price increases, Not a lot of cheaper options in the premium class.

I would say a 2020SA might fit the bill.

All things said, if I was boatless now, I would be shopping used Supra or new moomba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Malibu also has a stupid rule on their dealer's where you can only buy from a certain dealer based on where you live. We've really been looking hard at the supremes.
    most boat dealers have territories. there are ways around it but it's not just a 'bu thing. supreme makes a solid boat. it's a comparo to the moomba lines. built by centurion and iirc nautty parent company owns all 3. I have shopped them 2x over the years but both times garage height was the no-go for us. most models need a tall garage door.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Shocked the 23Tige was such a turd, isn’t that their flagship model?

Honestly if they were seemingly happy with the 22SL550, why get rid of it?
    the tige was not the wake they were looking for. to his point, spend 150k on a boat and have to litter the interior with lead and bags was not what they wanted. the supra sl out of the gate was a FAR superior wake for them. dealer was giving him good deals as long as he "traded up" in price each year. they liked the r23 in the value vs payment equation and in their mind, nothing else has been close. said the supra was a far superior ride but it was also almost exactly 2x the costin a 2 year span. 200k isn't a stretch for them from what I can see but it also boils down to where you want your funds to go. both kids about to hit college, they see time at the lake house dwindling. for them, 23ft is the sweet spot.

Is their dealer doing some sort of “lease” plan where they buy a new boat each year?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

You guys are hitting all the point my brain has went through the last 24hrs. The Bu was nice but yeah interior was hot. But I have an old MOJO and mine was hot so I didn't deduct value. The chilltech was a big plus. Thrusters were nice for tying up but he never uses them for anything but that and docking said he added them for resale value.

I still like the 23ft length. The SA and Craz were the same in interior space and my crew of 11 (mostly kids) would have been cramped. My MoJo was tight so staying 23 (SL) would be a must. The Bu table was a nice touch and the flip out swim step is a nice touch for kids.

Centurion dealer is a drive for me so that is why I struggle to look at one. Real nice boat but I don't see much in the used department in Ohio. A Nautty was an option but they are very proud of the value. I can basically buy new for some of the used prices I see out there.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I use the thrusters mostly to pick up riders and aligning them.

I dock 99% without them.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Looking into Tige. I didn't realize I had an Ohio dealer until now.

If I was looking SL400, or MXZ 23 what would be the comparable for Tige? Looking at SandM for this. I want a wide-ish bow. The Malibu LSV is out because of the old school narrow bow. The boat looks good but we need the "playpen" for the kids.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Is their dealer doing some sort of “lease” plan where they buy a new boat each year?

No. Buy a boat and if u trade up into a more spensive model, he took care of them.
    I think there's some back door deals going on with my cous wiring his lake house but not sure.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk