Guys, I'm planning on buying an enclosed general purpose cargo trailer, a first for me. Hoping you might have knowledge or experience to share.

Trailer will be used for two (primary) purposes:

1) Protect antiques and collectables my wife purchases and transports for her business. To date she's been making do with the cargo area of a Subaru Forester. Enclosed trailer will enable her to acquire and put larger pieces, like furniture, in her showroom space.

2) Better way to transport my tools, including large pieces of power equipment, when I have a project away from our house. I've been using the bed of a RAM pickup. This is hobby stuff for me. Am not a tradesman.

Given its limited rating (1,500 pounds), am not going to put a hitch on the Subaru. Going to use a RAM 1500 5.7 liter crew cab for towing. No plan to replace either of the two vehicles, They are paid for and run well. And I really like my RAM.

The three boys are now grown men who have put down roots in Idaho, Wisconsin, and North Carolina. We live in Virginia. The trailer will see a lot of road miles.

I know from my Moomba boating years the security of a tandem axle trailer, but if I have a spare and the right tools to make a tire change, is a second axle necessary and worth the additional expense on a cargo trailer?

I like the look of a black trailer, but in summer months would white be more hospitable with the interior loaded with tools and used as a project mobile work space?

Staying on the mobile work space thing, would an interior height greater than 72 inches make sense to keep from whacking my head or do you just get used to the low ceiling?

Does brand make a difference or, ignoring the hype and marketing, are they all about the same in terms of engineering and durability?

Since I don’t know what I don’t know, of what else should I be aware about enclosed cargo trailers and factor into the decision on what to buy?

Greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks! - Deerfield