Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surf Pontoon boat

I didn't know such a thing existed. This really has some nice potential. They create both a regular and goofy wave at the same time with no ballast!

https://youtu.be/TA4TqCCHIfY

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

if you look at the waves they are meh and that's a stretch to say that.

lots of other surftoons have been posted on here. search montara and you'll find a few others along with them. most are the same cost as a good wakeboat...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Interesting, would like to see what happens if you filled those toons half full with water lol
    Wave looks awful, surfable for kids and those that don't know any better but the wave look's pretty terrible IMO
    2020 Supra SA

Thumbs down on the size of the wave. Maybe there is potential, who knows.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Doesn’t look great in the video, but honestly I look forward to them developing this. Once they get an awesome wave from a pontoon that boat would do everything, but look good.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    Doesn’t look great in the video, but honestly I look forward to them developing this. Once they get an awesome wave from a pontoon that boat would do everything, but look good.
    The minivan of boats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I looked around one at the boat show. Had a lot of open room like a toon. Many boaters love that, not specifically the wake boat crowd.

Price was expensive, a little over 100k.

I’m sure they will have their ‘niche’ buyer that loves it.

That wave looks like a piece of sh!t. Ok, I’ harsh, maybe not to someone who is 5-7yo.

One passed me on the lake last weekend. Everyone was asking me what it was.

It would be COOL if you could produce a surf wave on both sides at once and with 2 surfers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I looked hard at a surf toon and a jet boat before buying a dedicated wake boat. Coming from an I/O anything that produced a "surfable' wake was considered an upgrade for me.

The pontoon has tons of room but nothing about a pontoon says fun....Larry hit the nail on the head "minivan of boats".
    Jet boats I do not have to discuss, enough of you know the appeal for a family but limited once you reach a certain level.

I could see these catching on but the volvo drive is a weakness in my opinion. Looked and many manufacturers that use them but they sit lower in the water than a v-drive. Also most trim the engine up to force or pull the transom down in the water to form the wave. The water then sprays the rider most of the time. Cool design just not for someone like myself that is in 10-12ft of water most of the time. A random log rips the whole outboard off not just a prop.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    I agree the wave was small looking. I just had never even seen a pontoon surf boat. If they could get it to make good waves, I think they would really take off. They don't look too cool, but the open decks and access are hard to beat for floating around when not surfing. I looked at that Montara, and it's not truly a pontoon. It's a deck mounted on an aluminum hull. Still I think the concept is cool.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I looked hard at a surf toon and a jet boat before buying a dedicated wake boat. Coming from an I/O anything that produced a "surfable' wake was considered an upgrade for me.

The pontoon has tons of room but nothing about a pontoon says fun....Larry hit the nail on the head "minivan of boats".
    Jet boats I do not have to discuss, enough of you know the appeal for a family but limited once you reach a certain level.

I could see these catching on but the volvo drive is a weakness in my opinion. Looked and many manufacturers that use them but they sit lower in the water than a v-drive. Also most trim the engine up to force or pull the transom down in the water to form the wave. The water then sprays the rider most of the time. Cool design just not for someone like myself that is in 10-12ft of water most of the time. A random log rips the whole outboard off not just a prop.
    I have a friend that bought a 2021 Yamaha 255XD Surf edition. Let me say, it's not a surf boat for anyone who truly has a surf boat. Not a good wave, and you can't easily flip from regular to goofy. I think even the surftoon can do that easier.

2021 Moomba Makai