Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GSA or similar????

So this has been discussed several times and I have spent the time to research other boat brands that have added a GSA system with little to no issue.

My question is only this, IS IT WORTH IT?

I have manual Flow now and it sucks having to list the boat so much and switching everything to go from Reg to Goof. We have both in the family and I would love to just fill up as equal as possible and then hit a switch and instant wave. To switch sides, a little ballast movement and flip a switch and within 2-3 minutes we are surfing the other side.

Currently, it is a 10-15 minutes ballast drain and fill all while moving lead, adjusting flow tabs, etc. Not really a time thing for me, more of the not having to lift weight around and force people out of their seats in doing so.

I know the 2015 hull is different and I know with the used market being high why not upgrade, but that is not in the cards. I also can upgrade the current boat for what a few payments of a new boat is going to cost me, and not have a 15-20 yr loan.

I like the Wakeland system over the others and it is the OEM to Skier's and should be a simple install. Glass work when I remove the current system is going to be the biggest hurtle.

Anything else I am missing? Add thruster while I'm there??? LOL
    Seriously looking for opinions?
    Thanks all
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Default GSA or similar????

I just put the GSA system on my 06 21v a few weeks back. It was an absolute game changer. There is some fine adjustment that can be made on the controller as well as your center plate. I would say it was worth every penny, including my wife wanting to murder me for buying it without discussing! I used side hustle earnings to buy it, can’t understand why she was mad! But yea I would do it all over again if I had to. It really works well and I don’t have to list the boat anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my sons friends was on the SA the other day and asked where I put the suck gate…….

I just gave him a funny look.

The GSA will be a nice add on to the new Heyday.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

jason at germaine marine has done dozens of gsa installs and he will attest to brian's comments being a game changer compared to the manual system you have now.

if it was my coin to buy a set, I'd go gsa and not look at any of the other systems out there regardess of what oem's are using. too much press on people switching from one tab to gsa and results being night and day. their product seems to offer the best out of the box results compared to others' tabs.
    there's a reason gsa is/was factory on tige's since 2019 and mb's longer than that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    One of my sons friends was on the SA the other day and asked where I put the suck gate…….

I just gave him a funny look.

The GSA will be a nice add on to the new Heyday.

You're killing me.
    No heyday here just cannot pull the trigger on new. Maybe slightly used Supra in a few years but not there yet.

So let me know when you want to get rid of that SA, 2023?
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    jason at germaine marine has done dozens of gsa installs and he will attest to brian's comments being a game changer compared to the manual system you have now.

if it was my coin to buy a set, I'd go gsa and not look at any of the other systems out there regardess of what oem's are using. too much press on people switching from one tab to gsa and results being night and day. their product seems to offer the best out of the box results compared to others' tabs.
    there's a reason gsa is/was factory on tige's since 2019 and mb's longer than that.
    Good info here.
    The only reason to go Wakeland was for OEM to Skiers and the thought that my software already supports AutoFlow. Thinking I might be able to make this a factory-ish install, so I'm waiting to hear back. And no extra control panel on the dash.

If they cannot to do it then GSA looks to be the better system as far as aftermarket goes.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

We recently bought a MB with the GSA and can tell you the difference between that and the flow 2 we had on our Mondo is night and day.
    With the flow 2, and at least on the Mondo, the boat would only "crab" to the side if both pitch and roll were within 1 degree or so from presets.
    The GSA creates a ton of yaw at any angle, so the wave is always great. The only reason to change roll would be to clean up the wave. Pitch to lengthen ro steepen.
    It completely changed the experience for our company and ourselves while on the water.
    Go for it, it'll be money well spend in my opinion.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

I agree gsa is a great setup.
    A little spendy for what it is but that's all relative.
    I designed an Arduino based controller that does the same thing as the gsa setup for about 100 bucks if you're the diy type. (see link below for a very long thread discussing it)
    Then you need tabs and actuators.
    You can actually buy the tabs directly from wakegarage for a decent price (I won't say reasonable because they aren't, but compared to the whole kit they aren't terrible)

https://www.wakegarage.com/forums/to...-app/#comments
    2020 Supra SA

As for glass work that should be pretty simple, fill the holes with thickened epoxy or fairing compound then use a spectrum color matched gel paste kit to gel the holes over, sand and buff and you're good to go.
    2020 Supra SA

I did a gel repair early this season on the platform. Not too intimidating, but I might be willing to pay a pro to do it since my hull is fire red and faded. They should be better at color match and blending.
    This is certainly winter type work as everyone is currently overbooked.

I'll take a look at your write up. I like the DIY stuff but sometime it is nice to connect power and ground and everything else is plug and play. I have full access to my families machine shop so building tabs would be simple also, but again what is my time worth.

Thanks for the info. And it seems like GSA is not a bad product just expensive for what it is.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow