Default 2017 craz ballast upgrade

I have a 2017 craz with stock ballast and want to upgrade my rear bags. I am torn between enzos custom bags from fatsac and the exact fit by Wakemakers. I don’t mind losing the storage space but I do have a heater with a box around it. I have read the folding up the bags at the end works fine to avoid the heater. But I want to know what bags are plug and play what bags need some mods and which bag is the best. Any info helps thanks

I have a 21 Craz and don't know if the plumbing is the same as yours. Do you have 2 pumps per bag? I have 2 fill and 1 drain hoses going into the bottom of the bags in the rear. I replaced the oem bags with the wakemakers exact fit bags and it is plug and play, no modifications needed for me.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

My enzos fit my mojo without issue but I have no under seat storage.
    2018 Moomba MOJO
    4100lbs. ENZO's, Center Tank, IBS
    780lbs. Lead Wake
    Raptor 400
    Surf Prop: OJ 945
    2019 Ford F150 FX4
    5.0L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Colin6767 View Post
    I have a 2017 craz with stock ballast and want to upgrade my rear bags. I am torn between enzos custom bags from fatsac and the exact fit by Wakemakers. I don’t mind losing the storage space but I do have a heater with a box around it. I have read the folding up the bags at the end works fine to avoid the heater. But I want to know what bags are plug and play what bags need some mods and which bag is the best. Any info helps thanks
    My buddies 2019 Craz has the exact fit 1,280lbs bags. We call them mini enzos because the leg under the midship locker is shorter and won't interfere with your heater. They were plug and play and came with fitting and plugs to make them work. Took 30 minutes to change out and most of that was threading in the plugs and such.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I have a 21 Craz and don't know if the plumbing is the same as yours. Do you have 2 pumps per bag? I have 2 fill and 1 drain hoses going into the bottom of the bags in the rear. I replaced the oem bags with the wakemakers exact fit bags and it is plug and play, no modifications needed for me.
    It is one pump per bag with a line that splits into two fill lines. and two overflow holes that use a t to go into one line to the side of the boat. I don’t know about the drain because I am away from the boat but I assume it is one drain hole. Also do you enjoy the bags do they make a good wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    My buddies 2019 Craz has the exact fit 1,280lbs bags. We call them mini enzos because the leg under the midship locker is shorter and won't interfere with your heater. They were plug and play and came with fitting and plugs to make them work. Took 30 minutes to change out and most of that was threading in the plugs and such.
    How much weight do you lose by not having it interfere with the heaters. Is it right up against them or have a little gap.

It is pretty close.
    The exact fits at 1200 and the enzo is 1450 so not really enough to matter (500lbs is a lot but not losing your heater) I assume you have the center tank and bow bag also.

Both his kids 14 and 16 can surf the same wave (regular side) at the same time. He doesn't use any lead. Only friends!
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 08-03-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

the upgraded bags do make a difference in the wave for sure, especially if you don't have many people in the boat. I have the heater as well and the exact fit bags will push right up to the heater. I just fold the last 12 inches of the bag over and it's no problem. I don't think you loose too much weight because of the heater.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Great to know. You’re right I surf port and that is the side with the heater so having starboard have that extra weight doesn’t matter to me plus I get some storage space. The minuscule weight gain doesn’t sound worth it to me.

Ok I think I am going to go with the exact fit bags