Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If it is clicking then the ignition relay is pulling it but not the starter relay.

Check all the breakers and fuses.

Ignition relay pulls in starter relay and starter powers and spins. Something is not closing and passing power. Do you have a volt meter or test light?
    Dumb question. Where are the breakers and fuses. Do you test them with a volt meter to check the breakers? I am good mechanically, but weak with electrical.
    2006 Mobius LSV

You should have visible breakers under the helm dash. There is also a 4"x6" fuse box way up under the steering wheel mounted to a steering column support, but I believe those are for the ballast pumps

To check the fuses with a multimeter, you turn is to ohms and touch each end of the fuse. You get a number (should be low) it is good, you get no reading or OL )open loop) it is bad.

The breaker you push in on the button to reset it.

Check for loose wires while you are looking. A loose connection to the starter and/or starter relay would cause this.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Sorry for all the questions. I’m thinking of just changing the starter relay. I’m not exactly sure where it is. Does anyone know the part number or a picture of where this is located. I know it must be near the engine.
    2006 Mobius LSV

I think on your boat and original starter picture, the solenoid on the top of the starter acts as the relay also. If you replaced the starter, then the solenoid should be new. You need to check if you have 12V at the solenoid when trying to start the boat, will need a helper to turn the key.
    Also you will need to make sure the large red cable is tight on both ends, and the ground cable (large black cable) is connected to the engine and tight. Either being lose would cause this problem also.

starter.jpg
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the help again. This group of individuals is incredible. It ended up being a $20 part. The starter relay was bad. You guys saved a vacation next week. Thank you again!
    2006 Mobius LSV

Good deal....have fun on vacation.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

We appreciate the feedback on the fix. Most people never reply back on issues so we never know what the fix was. Help from the people on this forum can save people a lot of time and money and kudos go out to them.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Another issue. I replaced all 3 relays and we have been on the water with no issues. All of the sudden it went to lowest gear. Both in reverse and forward it won’t go faster than the lowest speed. Any ideas: may need to start a new thread.
    I don’t have cruise, but I do have perfect pass. Changed the fuel filter this year. Feeling like the fuel pump might be the issue.
    Last edited by hgvandy; 08-07-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Nevermind. Throttle cable came loose. Crazy few days. I’m sure something else will go wrong. Thanks.
    2006 Mobius LSV