Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

I think I'd ask boatmate to send out new pieces and get a welder to remove/replace then prime/paint with rattle can. sanding off and redoing my gut is you'll be doing the same thing in a few years and who knows if the structural integrity of the piece is still there to hold up a 5000lb boat.
    with a trailer less than 5 years old I would think boatmate would send out the metal hangers for someone to fix. at 8 or 9 years might be a harder sell.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I think I'd ask boatmate to send out new pieces and get a welder to remove/replace then prime/paint with rattle can. sanding off and redoing my gut is you'll be doing the same thing in a few years and who knows if the structural integrity of the piece is still there to hold up a 5000lb boat.
    with a trailer less than 5 years old I would think boatmate would send out the metal hangers for someone to fix. at 8 or 9 years might be a harder sell.
    If Boatmate would foot the bill for all that I’d be interested. I’ve had nothing but problems with the trailer this summer to be honest from two leaking wheel seals to burning up a brake rotor coming down a hill to rust to the boat bottoming out on a fender. Not too impressed. Super frustrating part is it should all be under warranty but it always breaks when a warranty claim would not be a practical solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm curious why this is your last weekend of the summer. You live in South Texas....isn't your season like 8 months long? I guess you always have the first weekend in Fall.....LOL

Also, it looks in the photos that the rust has actually weakened the bracket and it is bent further down than the other side. That is why the boat is dropped down. You could DIY a fix pretty easy without all the hassle of welding but the boat has to be off the trailer for any of it.

Call Boatmate and see what they say. My friends Craz (2019) was just stranded at Norris. Wheel bearing had failed and took out the hub, 2nd time in 11 months. The brake actuator was found to be bad also on the tongue, and it caused a stuck caliper on the bad bearing side. Boatmate sent a new axle and service tech to swap it in a church parking lot. He had to leave it for the week and then drive back down from Ohio to get it though. They sent a new actuator to his house for hime to change.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Boatmate sent a new axle and service tech to swap it in a church parking lot. He had to leave it for the week and then drive back down from Ohio to get it though. They sent a new actuator to his house for him to change.
    That was good service. I would be satisfied.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If Boatmate would foot the bill for all that I’d be interested.
    I'd be surprised if they would cover all of it but for me, I'd push for the replacement metal and I'd grind and weld/paint myself. for me that would be a win.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I'm curious why this is your last weekend of the summer. You live in South Texas....isn't your season like 8 months long? I guess you always have the first weekend in Fall.....LOL

Also, it looks in the photos that the rust has actually weakened the bracket and it is bent further down than the other side. That is why the boat is dropped down. You could DIY a fix pretty easy without all the hassle of welding but the boat has to be off the trailer for any of it.

Call Boatmate and see what they say. My friends Craz (2019) was just stranded at Norris. Wheel bearing had failed and took out the hub, 2nd time in 11 months. The brake actuator was found to be bad also on the tongue, and it caused a stuck caliper on the bad bearing side. Boatmate sent a new axle and service tech to swap it in a church parking lot. He had to leave it for the week and then drive back down from Ohio to get it though. They sent a new actuator to his house for hime to change.
    My last weekend of the summer because I am currently back in quarantine at the Houston Airport Marriott slated to fly out Sunday to Guyana for 7 weeks for work. We will try to get out a couple more times in october when I get home weather willing.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Some quick vacation recap vids from the summer

https://youtu.be/8ajrFS-9K5A

https://youtu.be/lAl7kp8iaI0

David

Awesome videos man!! You did a really good job.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default August pics and vids

Little Friday evening family fun at the lake:

Son #1 watching son #2 while dad pulls mom lol

Put away for the evening

Last edited by z28ke; 08-13-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Solid looking wave z28. What is your setup?