Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2021 Kaiyen Issues

My wife, daughter and I took my brand new 2021 Kaiyen out for the first time and noticed that the boat listed to the starboard side by 3 degrees continuously at all speeds during the break in period. Even when alone in calm water at stop, my boat still listed to the right. It makes no sense as weight was very evenly balanced and the list just doesnÂ’t feel right.
    Also I noticed that the sub floor area beneath the middle drain plug access had 2-3” of water the whole time we were cruising and the manual/auto bilge would not empty the water. Is this normal or could I have leaks in my mid/forward ballasts?
    Still waiting to here back from my dealership, but hoping to hear from some real boaters.

3 degrees is quite a bit of list.

2-3” of water at the drain just from cruising during break in is also a little odd.

Does it list if you are idle or only when moving?

Did you accidentally partially fill one of your ballast bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Ballast switch hit by accident or autowake active and auto filling.
    Loose ballast connection leaking into bilge.
    Cross-threaded drain plug or loose plug.

Bilge pump needs a lot more than 3" of water to activate. It isn't mounted at the lowest point. I would give other ideas but the boat is brand new so those would all be warranty issues.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

For the leak - I would start with checking all ballast bag fittings. When I received my boat the rear bags were not sleeved into the proper compartments, they were left under the midships seats rather than the actual underfloor ballast compartment. (This was after the dealer did their lake test/checks.) I also had to fill/drain the rear bags several times to have them seat properly in terms of not rubbing on exposed fiberglass pinch points or tear points. Easily possible that one of my bags could have torn or leaked after a couple hours had I not done this.

For the list, I would recalibrate the inclinometer, bring the speed up to 25mph, then ensure that the LCD screen is showing boat surf plates at 0. If all of that looks good but you're still listed, I would take it to dealer.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Do you have Flow 2 or 3? Sometimes the small plate on Flow 3 doesn't retract fully after disengaging the surf tab which can cause some roll on the boat even if weight is evenly distributed. Easy to visually inspect by sticking your head off the swim platform. But if you are listing when still stationary, this wouldn't be the cause...

Has to be a weight distribution issue and I would manually inspect the rear ballast bags on the listing side to make sure it's truly empty.
    Last edited by rhouse181; 06-15-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

For the boat listing - since it's your first ride, is it possible the surf switch was flipped to the left?
    2-3 inches of water would pool in the middle and wouldn't have that effect.
    For the water - first thing I would check is the vent hose on the front back. Ours wasn't connected when we picked up ours, and also had water sitting there. The bilge is in the rear of the boat so completely normal for some water in the middle.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Thanks for all the input as finally back at the cabin to try all advice provided. But still a mystery as I checked all fittings and still getting 3+ inches midship and bilge constantly kicking in when filling ballast it seems. Dealer is baffled but no urgency they say to warrant 3 hr one way haul back and extra ballast never hurts.

Default Autowake Amp Meter

In my 2021 Kaiyen with full gas, full ballast, lots of gear, six adults in the boat and 1surfer with all factory presets for pitch 8.0, roll -3.0 port, WP 25 and people appropriately seated and with Autowake engaged and achieved for pitch/roll. Despite various speeds of 10.4 to 11mph, my Amp meter both potential/actual reads at the very bottom of bar chart. How is that possible and again dealer has no clue? Do I need recalibrate or is that purely pitch and roll? I did test levelness with my phone inclinometer at rest and was very close.

My Kaiyen always shows max amplitude regardless of weight. I'm waiting to hear back from the factory for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by 185BR View Post
    My Kaiyen always shows max amplitude regardless of weight. I'm waiting to hear back from the factory for a fix.
    My Makai seems to be doing the same thing lately. Be interested to see what they tell you.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub