Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    My quick lil project from tonight. Noticed my engine side covers bulging out with my new bags installed. So I had looked at ordering the wakemakers divider support bars but hesitated because 80 bucks seemed kinda pricey for c channel and bolts. So I decided to make my own. Got 1x1x1/8 in aluminum c channel from metal supermarket here in town. Of course they only had half of what I needed but for 20 bucks i took it. Then a trip to Ace for stainless hardware @25 bucks. Drilled out the channel, placed the supports where they didnt protrude onto anything critical and then marked and drilled divider. Bolted up and boom! One side down. Now just waiting for metal to finish other side. Buying is definitely the better deal. Will be within 20 dollars by the time its all done, and wakemakers powdercoats theirs for a stealthy look

I did this to the panels on my 2021 Makai. They were popping completely out with just stock ballast bags. I plan on going back to replace the wood 1x4's with some black painted hat channel to make it look better. The metal that you see in them now is what came factory. I think this is really a poor design to be honest. The metal they put in there to prevent them from bowing doesn't work well. And the 3 piece design is not set up so that the panels get any connecting support from each other. Like I said, they were popping out from just stock ballast. The shallow 1/2" aluminum channel on the floor the fit into needs to be taller too. The panels bowed and the bottoms would always pop out of it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

For what these divider panels weigh, it almost makes sense to just replace these with full aluminum panels and be done with it. The channels at the bottom could be a little taller and if they were any weight added, it just becomes ballast.....
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

My port side panel does the same thing with the stock bags. I have the WM 1345 bags and the divider support kit that I need to install I just haven't had time. I am also going to be adding some aluminum angle to add height on the engine side of the channel to prevent the divider from hopping out.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    For what these divider panels weigh, it almost makes sense to just replace these with full aluminum panels and be done with it. The channels at the bottom could be a little taller and if they were any weight added, it just becomes ballast.....
    fwiw our '06 supra had the same issues that everyone sees now. so did our first tige.
    it's an ongoing issue one would think the vendors would have corrected years ago.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

So I have been having issues with the dividers between the rear lockers and engine compartment popping out of position when the ballast is completely full on my 2021 Mumbai mojo. Here’s how I resolved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk