Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Appreciation post -

I am new to owning a surf boat. I grew up boating, but my dad never really taught me anything about boats, plus my moomba is nothing like the outboard I grew up on. This forum has been amazing for me! Awesome people who are willing to help. I want to especially thank @sandm and @holdmybeer. They Rock! Thank you both for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition 6.2 L raptor with upgraded ballast (910s in back and 500 in front)

I do want to second this. This forum has been great for figuring out everything with my boat.

Absolutely agree 100% The people on this site are incredible and always willing to help......spend my money that is In all seriousness, I am grateful to so many on this site for all the help i have received. Thank you!!!!!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Yup great site and helpful community!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Great site.
    Helpful community.
    Passes my downtime at work.

Thanks for the shoutout.....but truthfully just trying to pay it forward.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I also came from outboards and it's a totally different world. Quite a few years in now and still am not 100% proficient with an inboard if we're being honest lol. This site and others like it are a great resource for learning the ropes.

I can throw my grady white on the trailer in a tide moving so fast it will make your head spin without a second thought, but somehow it makes me nervous every time in the supra on a calm lake haha.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I also came from outboards and it's a totally different world. Quite a few years in now and still am not 100% proficient with an inboard if we're being honest lol. This site and others like it are a great resource for learning the ropes.

I can throw my grady white on the trailer in a tide moving so fast it will make your head spin without a second thought, but somehow it makes me nervous every time in the supra on a calm lake haha.
    I felt the same “tension” whenever docking a DD or VD. Tension got exponentially worse as the price of boat increased.

That tension is now gone with thrusters.

Try docking a DD with a manual transmission lever and a push pull throttle…….lol

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-29-2021 at 09:19 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

[QUOTE=larry_arizona;372022]

Larry with another shameless plug for the Supra Thruster system...I swear he got that thruster for free if he swore to post daily about what a game changer it is...plug ola payt ola Larry
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

I found the worst stress is docking someone else's boat while they watch you.

It doesn't matter the cost then. The boat is their baby and you cannot hurt it.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

[QUOTE=Prospersigman;372023]
    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Larry with another shameless plug for the Supra Thruster system...I swear he got that thruster for free if he swore to post daily about what a game changer it is...plug ola payt ola Larry
    I did get a discount lol. But it required no shameless plugs, lol, they are just that good.

You really need very little correction to make a big difference in docking. With practice, you can almost make the boat go sideways.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-29-2021 at 09:39 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan