Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wdavid View Post
    I want to especially thank @sandm and @holdmybeer. They Rock! Thank you both for all your help.
    W- glad I could help. sometimes I can be an a$$ but forums are how I learned how to work on towboats, newer cars and, frankly, how I do a chunk of my diy stuffs so glad to pass on the small bit of knowledge I have. sorry I was not helpful on the o2 issue.

now... stop egging Larry on with the thrusters. I read somewhere he gets $5 for every thread he jacks on how great thrusters are... stop feeding him
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    W- glad I could help. sometimes I can be an a$$ but forums are how I learned how to work on towboats, newer cars and, frankly, how I do a chunk of my diy stuffs so glad to pass on the small bit of knowledge I have. sorry I was not helpful on the o2 issue.

now... stop egging Larry on with the thrusters. I read somewhere he gets $5 for every thread he jacks on how great thrusters are... stop feeding him
    He still hasn't posted a video of them in action. I know I can watch all the marketing, but real life people controlling them is different.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    He still hasn't posted a video of them in action. I know I can watch all the marketing, but real life people controlling them is different.
    I deserve that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I second everything everyone is saying about this forum. SUPER HELPFUL people on here. I only joined a few months back when I bought my first v-drive. The past experiences of everyone in here is just incredible. You just about can't ask a question someone hasn't experienced already. And even the suggestions and guesses people throw out there when they don't know for sure are great.
    Oh and I Double Dog Triple Second the comments about backing and docking these boats! I had no idea it was so different from my old stern drive. First time I backed the new boat up, I was like "what the hell is going on? Is something stuck under my boat? I can't steer this thing at all!". LOL! My wife was looking at me and saying what are you doing? Good Times!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I deserve that.

Slacking on you marketing opportunity here.....LMAO
    Have your wife dock the boat using the thrusters.....Supra might actually pay you for that commercial. "Thrusters, saving marriages in the boating community."
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

++++1 to everyone who helps problem solve on the forum. Next time I’m in the boat I know to look for a coolant leak in the heater loop thanks to just browsing the forum.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Slacking on you marketing opportunity here.....LMAO
    Have your wife dock the boat using the thrusters.....Supra might actually pay you for that commercial. "Thrusters, saving marriages in the boating community."
    She has not attempted docking, she is however towing me now surfing, this is a big step.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I second everything everyone is saying about this forum. SUPER HELPFUL people on here. I only joined a few months back when I bought my first v-drive. The past experiences of everyone in here is just incredible. You just about can't ask a question someone hasn't experienced already. And even the suggestions and guesses people throw out there when they don't know for sure are great.
    Oh and I Double Dog Triple Second the comments about backing and docking these boats! I had no idea it was so different from my old stern drive. First time I backed the new boat up, I was like "what the hell is going on? Is something stuck under my boat? I can't steer this thing at all!". LOL! My wife was looking at me and saying what are you doing? Good Times!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I still feel that way most of the time in reverse.
    Yesterday I backed off the trailer, no current hit reverse expecting prop walk to starboard like it *Should* do and nope damn thing decided to go hard port.
    No current, no wind, bimini stowed.

I can spin it without much issue bumping back and forth but trying to move backwards more than 2 feet and it's a 50/50 crap shoot where it's going to go.
    My next one will have thrusters for sure.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    she is however towing me now surfing, this is a big step.
    awesome.... does she mind it? my ex hated it but gf loved towing riders.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    awesome.... does she mind it? my ex hated it but gf loved towing riders.....
    She was really nervous at first, but she does really good now.

She doesn’t run me over, although I am sure sometimes she wants to.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan