Default free- air sub in observer back rest/storage compartment door?

Where should I put a 10inch free-air sub in a 2002 Moomba Mobius LSV? I was thinking in the door/seat back of the storage compartment/observer seat and it would pump bass into the seating area and out the back of the boat. I don't really know what makes free-air subs sound best or where else to put it because under the steering wheel has a sub already.

Here's what in it. JL Audio Mediamaster 50, 6-JL Audio M3-650X-S-Gw-i powered by JL Audio M600/6, Wet Sounds 500watt 10 inch sub under the steering wheel, 2 JL Audio M3-770ETXv3-Sb-S-Gm-i on the tower powered by MTX 75.4 Wet...leaving me with 2 channels on that amp or one bridged.

1- JL Audio M3-10IB-S-GW-4 NOT YET INSTALLED

Originally I was going to add the JL audio tower speakers to the existing pods on the tower that came with the boat and use all 4 channels for tower speakers, but as luck would have it last weekend taking the boat to the lake one of the tower speakers broke and fell off somewhere along the highway and after inspection the other one was ready to go too. So the 10 inch free-air was kind of an after thought to save a little dough because my budget on this stereo was blown a long time ago lol.

I'd suggest a sealed box sub under the driver's helm instead. I'm sure an audio guru may chime in here but you're probably not going to be very happy with the output of a free air sub.

Having it behind the door and buried will also muffle your output. My 2001 has plenty of room up under the helm for my Exile big 12 in a sealed box. But I do not have a heater or anything else up there I'm contending with - just some ballast lines.

Putting it under the helm also means you're not giving up valuable storage space.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

the problem is I have a large wet sounds 10inch 500watt sub under the helm right now so there isn't room. I was talking about cutting a hole on the door/seat back not actually hiding it in the storage compartment. Recessing it into the cushion so if someone did want to sit there the wouldn't have a speaker grill jammed against their back. I wasnt sure how the sub would sound pointing directly into the rear seating area.

After reading a lot of forums I might make the walk thru and the open bow into all cushions kinda like a small bed of sorts and also use it as a box for the sub...or put into the side of the walk thru firing backwards into the storage compartment.

Perhaps upgrade to a bigger 12 or get creative and stuff a 15 under the helm... I toyed with adding a second sub on the observer side (before I went Exile) and couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't either A) take up way too much space or B) look totally ghetto.

A properly powered high end 12 can and will rattle your teeth loose better than any 10 or pair of 10's would dream of. And doesn't take up much more space....
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I have a well powered JL Audio 13” under my helm and it pounds. Never, ever have I wished for more bottom end. You can hear the bass on my boat for miles.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

A properly powered high end 12 can and will rattle your teeth loose better than any 10 or pair of 10's would dream of. And doesn't take up much more space....
    I have to agree. A 12" WS XXX on a SYN DX2.3 is SO good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMGW76vh...dium=copy_link

Sadly the stock mic on my gopro can't even pick up the lows.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX