Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

Some still run 100-150#s of lead on each side in the surf board locker corners.

The bags give you appx 800#s of add’l water weight that can be emptied.

2018 Supra SL400

Having just done something comparable to this, I'll add a few extra points that I've learned/seen first-hand in the last 2 weeks:

1) 9 degree pitch brings the rpms waaaay down. I was at 4500 rpm, w/6700 lbs ballast. 4800-5000 with 10 degree.

2) You have to reset/recalibrate the ballast timers. This gets somewhat more complicated because I found I filled faster when I wasn't in motion vs. when I was moving, say 5mph. This is important because when you're adding more ballast, you're running those G6 pumps much longer and you need to be at 2000 rpm (in my opinion) to keep that alternator happy. Can do it standing still if you're in neutral but then you're going to have some fumes, alternately, you fill slower while you're underway. I'd suggest trying to keep it consistent and only use one method so you can get your timers dialed in for perfect cutoff.

3) I still don't know if resetting the ballast timers is done by pressing "reset" when they're empty, or if you press "empty" when they're empty and "full" when they're full. What's the purpose of reset if you have the other buttons? Still experimenting with it at this point.

4) Since I added my extra ballast, the amplitude indicator is not really working correctly. There was a few days where it was showing max potential and max actual but this last week it's reset itself or something....I don't think you really need it per se but that's what happened to me.

5) Wakeplate setpoint doesn't stay where I set.

6) Swapping surf right/left sometimes needs you to shut-off engine to get the flow3 plates to properly reset. Definitely easy to see because the face of the wave will be terrible.

7) Saw some posts on it but I haven't had much trouble with turning while heavily weighted. When you have a goofy rider, you always power turn to port (after they fall off wave). Regular rider is opposite.

For myself, once I got everything working correctly for running heavily weighted, I don't think I could ever go back to stock or stock +1000.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post

I plumbed these under my midships seats. 60x20x8. Happy with the results so far.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I plumbed these under my midships seats. 60x20x8. Happy with the results so far.
    Agree. They are a perfect size and still fit under the seats.

2018 Supra SL400