Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding ballast to 2020 SA/SL/SE Etc

So I'm now spoiled and am no longer happy with my wave when it's just the wife and I.
    Don't get me wrong it's good but we usually have 5-8 people on board and the extra weight makes a ton of difference.
    I find my self annoyed when it's just us that the wave isn't where I want it.

So with that said has anyone plumbed in extra ballast on a new Supra with subfloor with g6?
    I'm thinking of putting a wye in the vent line with a ball valve so I can close it off. When there's no one else in the boat I'll open it up and hit the manual fill to get it full.

We tow to and from the lake and I don't want to load and unload more lead (I have 600lbs already).

Thoughts?
    2020 Supra SA

If it were me, I would add a 200-250# on each side under the midship seats, should be enough room.

Something like these

That would get you to 4000# water ballast to match what the new 22SL will have from factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-26-2021 at 02:50 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That's what I was thinking, or go full send and enzo the whole rear locker and midship seats
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    That's what I was thinking, or go full send and enzo the whole rear locker and midship seats
    The last thing the Gen3 SA needs is more stern weight. Enzos would put all the added weight in rear lockers.

Having just slammed my Gen 3 near 11600#, you would never need those full enzos.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Need is relative

To each their own but the biggest and best wave I have had was with 12 people (full grown people lol), none of them in the front of the boat.
    ~10 degrees of bow rise and as deep as you can get the ass end will give the biggest pushiest wave in my experience.
    2020 Supra SA

Need is relative

To each their own but the biggest and best wave I have had was with 12 people (full grown people lol), none of them in the front of the boat.
    ~10 degrees of bow rise and as deep as you can get the ass end will give the biggest pushiest wave in my experience.
    Fair enough, at 11600, I had nobody in the bow, was 9.6-9.8 ish.

Motor was working for sure. I don’t think I would want to run her that hard every time out.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yeah its totally overkill and I was mostly joking but hey I can dream right?

I've only been that loaded once (It's a pain when the boat is so full, great for surfing but sucks for everything else) and when I got on the wave I just smiled and said "now this is the wave I paid for" lol
    2020 Supra SA

Yeah its totally overkill and I was mostly joking but hey I can dream right?

I've only been that loaded once (It's a pain when the boat is so full, great for surfing but sucks for everything else) and when I got on the wave I just smiled and said "now this is the wave I paid for" lol
    It was massive, but hard to turn a lot going on no doubt.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

So I'm now spoiled and am no longer happy with my wave when it's just the wife and I.
    Don't get me wrong it's good but we usually have 5-8 people on board and the extra weight makes a ton of difference.
    I find my self annoyed when it's just us that the wave isn't where I want it.

So with that said has anyone plumbed in extra ballast on a new Supra with subfloor with g6?
    I'm thinking of putting a wye in the vent line with a ball valve so I can close it off. When there's no one else in the boat I'll open it up and hit the manual fill to get it full.

We tow to and from the lake and I don't want to load and unload more lead (I have 600lbs already).

Thoughts?
    I am pretty sure Dakota4ce did this in his SL when he had it. He added bags in the rear lockers that were plumbed into the bags below the floor.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Few people on social media did this on their SL.

Wakemakers sells a mid-ship bag that fits under the seats.

Plumbed a line from one of the the original ballast lines using a Y-Fitting.

Added a shutoff valve to the new bag on each side. Gives the option of using/not using.

Vented a Y-Fitting for the new vent from the existing vent line. Some add check-valves before the ballast sensor.

Last edited by MJHSupra; 07-27-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400