Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Center Plug won't thread in - Blocked

Moomba MoJo 2016. Got boat back from getting a new alternator. Dealer didn't pull either plug. Since we had small amount of water in the bottom we pulled the center plug to drain once it was on the lift. Had to use a wrench and twist hard to get it out. After draining tried to put the T plug back and and the hole is blocked by hoses coming out of plastic tank on bow side of hole. In comparing to online picture of the plug hole it looks like the tank shifted toward the stern slightly and is blocking the hole (not allowing us to get the plug straight up and down to twist it in). To be clear we have never had a problem getting the plug in before. 5938A6E5-1DB8-45B3-B2EE-C2B08BA8C9FF.jpg Has anyone experienced this? Solutions? The T plug is about 1/8 to 1/4" too tall to get it in below the hose fittings. We tried to shift the plastic tank forward but no go.

Was the plug hitting it when/before you took it out? Is that what you meant about having to use the wrench, or was it just really tight?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

That pic is hard to tell, but is that an elbow fitting on the tank and hose? Can it be turned slightly to give you more clearance?

2021 Moomba Makai

Looks just about right to me. My 2015 Mojo is the same way. I can barely get my hand past everything to get the plug in and out. I forgot to take my watch off once and about trapped my hand. I have found that I do not use the T part of the handle to thread it back in. I grab the threads and start it then use the handle to tighten.

I can only get it using my right hand on the starboard side of the hole (facing bow, right side). No way my hand could make it through the left side.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Maybe find a shorter T plug?

2021 Moomba Makai

Yes but we have taken the plug out and replaced it numerous times with no problem.

Yes it is an elbow fitting but the top of the plug is hitting the hard plastic hose clamp so repositioning the hose won't help. Thanks for trying.

Yep, we are looking for one but haven't found anything with the right dimensions. All tips appreciated!

Looks like the gas tank, pull the floor (just a few phillips screws) and make sure that it hasn't broken free from it's mounts and slid backward.
    They are really poorly mounted with a few L brackets.
    2020 Supra SA

That is too far back on the center tank. I have a 2016 and mine is tight but not like that. I would question the dealer as to why the change from before/after.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE