Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Replacing coolant/ ECT code

Hey all. So I’ve had a code come up recently that some of you are familiar with

ECT higher than expected stage 1 and then stage 2

Engine temps did rise a bit but after driving at around 1k rpms temps settled down.

I recently replaced the impeller so I’m going to check on that

Just cleared the sea strainer and will check the actual water intake on bottom of hull

No leaks in bilge or engine bay so that’s at least a good sign

Besides what I listed above I’m thinking I might be low in coolant or might have a slow leak somewhere. This boat was purchased as a consignment boat in amazing condition but perhaps the dealer missed something or didn’t replace the coolant prior to delivery? (I know indmar suggests every 2 years. Boat was shipped from TX to NC).

Any help would be appreciated. I would hate to have to take to dealer in the middle of summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot my main question….where is the coolant tank to check level. I’m still learning my way around this engine. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Forgot my main question….where is the coolant tank to check level. I’m still learning my way around this engine. Thanks!

Go to Indmar and download your engine owners manual. The coolant fill tank is to the left of the engine, you really can't miss it if you look.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Also, if it has heaters, check the pump. Dealer wouldn't just change the coolant unless the seller wanted to pay to have it done. It is every 300 hours in the manual, it breaks down when all services are needed.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

If you have the heater option, check the hose clamps as they are frequently loose from the factory and can slowly leak.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Got the manual.

We do have a Heater so I’ll check those connections.

Purchased the boat with 328 hours so you’re probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If you have the heater option, check the hose clamps as they are frequently loose from the factory and can slowly leak.

Larry, I’m fighting a similar issue. Are you talking at the heat exchanger connection on the engine or at the heater itself under the Bench seat? I assume at the engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Larry, I’m fighting a similar issue. Are you talking at the heat exchanger connection on the engine or at the heater itself under the Bench seat? I assume at the engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There's a recirculation pump for the heater, on your boat, should be under the transmission hatch and to the right, could also be at the blower under the seat, just follow the lines.
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155

I had this same issue last summer. The coolant reservoir is right at the top of the engine on your left hand side if you are facing the stern. I had to refill after every couple of hours of run time. We had it into the dealer and they couldn’t find the problem the first time. I couldn’t find a leak as well, but the problem continued and we had to refill every few hours of engine run time. We brought it back to the dealer and they were able to find the issue. I’ll try to search my service records when I get back to home base to see what the exact problem was, but I know it was something to do with the heaters.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    I had this same issue last summer. The coolant reservoir is right at the top of the engine on your left hand side if you are facing the stern. I had to refill after every couple of hours of run time. We had it into the dealer and they couldn’t find the problem the first time. I couldn’t find a leak as well, but the problem continued and we had to refill every few hours of engine run time. We brought it back to the dealer and they were able to find the issue. I’ll try to search my service records when I get back to home base to see what the exact problem was, but I know it was something to do with the heaters.
    That would be great if you could! I haven’t had the chance to check yet myself. Will be today or tomorrow.