Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    It turns easier in the opposite direction of surfing for a couple reasons. 1, the boat isn't actually pointed straight while surfing, the plates and hull push it slightly sideways, called crabbing. 2, The wave coming in at you when you come off throttle also pushes you in that direction as well. That is why it is most always easier to turn away from the wave to go pick up your rider.

I most always come off throttle, reverse for a couple seconds while the wave goes by, then can turn either direction easily with a little throttle to go pick up a fallen rider. This also works well for wakeboarding as to not throw rollers down the lake for the rider.
    This is spot on, just got harder with max weight, when coming off throttle, the boat doesn’t get that natural rotation or at least it’s reduced, it plows forward.

I think the wave is so big it just pushes the boat farther forward , doesn’t rotate as much and requires more throttle input with full rudder to turn around. Not a power turn, but 1500rpm and full opposite the wave rudder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Your rope is waaaaay too long. Shouldn’t have to reel yourself into the wave like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz