Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have been running Tritons between my last 2 boats for over 4 years. There really isn't much of a blind spot while driving that people seem to talk about. If a boat is that close that you can't see them in your mirror, they are way too close already. Only time they get in the way is for passengers being able to see, but as the driver, not once have I ever felt unsafe because of them.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Wow. Now I'm questioning everything lol. Looking at the pictures, I could see how these might be a little problematic despite their "coolness" compared to a bungie style rack. The PTMEdge ones look sharp... but at the retail cost of $4,100 they are a little steep. What's funny is that if you option up to these on Supra from base racks it's less cost than the option up to the triton's on Moomba. Maybe they'll be an option for '22... fingers crossed
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    The PTMEdge ones look sharp... but at the retail cost of $4,100 they are a little steep. What's funny is that if you option up to these on Supra from base racks it's less cost than the option up to the triton's on Moomba. Maybe they'll be an option for '22... fingers crossed
    This may be because PTM makes the Supra FXONE towers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I think the Skylon racks are nice and you can lock them for docking in public.
    However they are $3500 a set plus adapters. You might recoup some selling you factory bungee racks when you upgrade.
    They come black so no need to powdercoat.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Ticking the boxes and Triton's are something of a mixed review.

On one hand folks love the simplicity, on the other, I've heard they are a big blind spot when loaded.

For those that have had traditional Roswell tine style racks & Triton's....which do you prefer?

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    We had the traditional on the last Mojo, and the Tritons now on the A3 in this Mojo. I love them, and haven’t really noticed any blind spots. I always hated how the bungees put all kind of stress on the boards before.

When I was checking the boxes last year, for the price to upgrade from traditional to Triton, it was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

One additional consideration. In my case, I knew I was adding ski racks above my PTM’s. With the boards stored in a horizontal fashion, it is still possible to swing them back into the boat with the PTM’s. With the Tritons, that was not possible. Just something to think about if you ever plan to add another set of racks above. In my case, my tower is loaded with crap! We usually have Skiers, boarders, surfers, kneeboarders, etc…. I can use all the board storage I can get.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

If the boards were vertical they would hit the skies when trying to swivel them in.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Actually, the issue was swiveling out. Regardless, they would have interfered.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post

If the boards were vertical they would hit the skies when trying to swivel them in.

Thats a full tower, makes for a very fun day. Love the storage in our Makai I can put 2 sets of skis under the rear seat

One other advantage of the Tritons I forgot to mention, they swing out far enough water drips outside of the boat vs dripping inside.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    We had the traditional on the last Mojo, and the Tritons now on the A3 in this Mojo. I love them, and haven’t really noticed any blind spots. I always hated how the bungees put all kind of stress on the boards before.

When I was checking the boxes last year, for the price to upgrade from traditional to Triton, it was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Are Tritons safe for handmade boards or just compression molded?

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX