Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kaiyen Questions - Surf System, etc

Hello...considering ordering a 2022 Kaiyen and have a couple questions I’m hoping end users could shed some light on. I have experience with boats, but this would be our first tow/surf boat and the systems are new to me so I apologize if this is newbie questions.

I know that the standard Flow 2.0 vs Flow 2.0 with G6 vs Flow 3.0 are different systems, but what exactly is the difference. I canÂ’t really seem to find any good info on the Moomba site about these. Other than the ballast pumps on the G6 is there any difference between the first 2? Also, I assume the 3.0 system has the 6 pumps as well.

My whole family has surfed a bit behind my brothers Supra but we are by no means die hard surfers. All pretty athletic and ski/snowboard/MTB etc, so we pick it up quick. If IÂ’m paying this kind of money for a boat, I just want to make sure I get it right. That said, are these upgrades worth it in terms of anything I would notice a major difference on?

Finally, Anything in 2022 that is significantly different than 2021 for options that IÂ’m not seeing on the web builder?

There is no difference between Flow 2.0 & Flow 2.0 with G6 other than 3 extra pumps and half the fill time.

Flow 3.0 comes with G6 standard.

The extra tabs on Flow 3.0 induce yaw to clean up the wave face.

Unless you ride goofy or do regular transfers you may not notice a huge difference....but kinda like AutoWake, the next owner might want it.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

What RC said is correct. 3.0 comes standard with G6 pumps. You will want the faster pump option, so that's a big plus point for 3.0. If you look at the actual tabs, the 3.0 has an extra actuator and tab on each side. They are actually tabs on a tab. It serves to keep the wake just a bit cleaner without you having to do anything to control it. The 3.0 will soon probably be the standard. I would opt for it if you are getting a new build.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

This is what the 3.0 extra tab looks like.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

The HFarr and RC. Very good simple descriptions.

How long does it take to fill the ballast bags with just the standard system? G6 obviously cuts that about in half.

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post

How long does it take to fill the ballast bags with just the standard system? G6 obviously cuts that about in half.
    It depends on stock vs upgraded bags but around 100lbs/min with G3.

My factory 900s were about 9 mins and my Enzos took 14.5 mins

My 2022 Mojo will have G6 for sure....if it was available in 2017, my Craz would have had it as well.

Nothing can kill a vibe quicker than waiting around for tanks to fill...

Default Kaiyen Questions - Surf System, etc

14 min versus 7min ish. Keep in mind, that 14 to fill and 14 to drain. Time is valuable to me.

If you plan to use Autowake, you will want G6

I am spoiled with 6 pumps so take that for what it’s worth.

I would load the boat with as many bells and whistles (add the surf pipe now) because it’s.....

1) expensive to add after the fact and you likely will want to.
    2) absolutely enhances resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

i would also opt for the G6, but i have the regular G3 and to be honest its not that big of a bother. As i move away from my lift i turn the pumps on and by the time i idle out to the mail lake my tanks are almost filled. Again, if you can get the G6 its probably worth it, but if you can't, like i said its not that big of a deal. Takes about 8-9 min to fill my 750's in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    14 min versus 7min ish. Keep in mind, that 14 to fill and 14 to drain. Time is valuable to me.

If you plan to use Autowake, you will want G6

I am spoiled with 6 pumps so take that for what it’s worth.

I would load the boat with as many bells and whistles (add the surf pipe now) because it’s.....

1) expensive to add after the fact and you likely will want to.
    2) absolutely enhances resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The surf pipe essentially pushes the exhaust down correct? I assume this keeps it from bubbling up the back and or being in the riders surf area?

It's odd to me this isn't just a standard thing on a boat like this. LOL. Any trade off or con to them?

The surf pipe essentially pushes the exhaust down correct? I assume this keeps it from bubbling up the back and or being in the riders surf area?

It's odd to me this isn't just a standard thing on a boat like this. LOL. Any trade off or con to them?
    Get the surf pipe from the factory. If you have any issues it'd be warrantied.

The benefits of the surf pipe are twofold...shooting the exhaust into the water under the rider reduces CO emissions the rider is subjected to, no headaches after a long session.

Additionally, the pipe quiets the motor essentially giving your stereo a chance to be heard.