Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Just got off the phone with Skier’s Choice. And after going over all of the numbers they suggested to take the bot back to the dealer to teat all actuators and attachments …
    According to SC the setting which I had should have worked.

My dealer is closed today so more to follow tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the investigation and hunt for the resolution continues.
    I called my dealer today and as I
    Was expecting, the told Me to bring the boat and it’s going to be a week.

So I did more digging. I have watched every video and read post I could find pretending to autowake, Flow 2.0 and flow 3.

Interestingly enough when watching YouTube videos by Moomba Boats, which as I know is the manufacture, https://youtu.be/btq6hr04nLs
    I have noticed that right tab setting and speed closely match the settings I’m having to use to produce a wake and they are far off from the mfg presents. See for yourself

It’s like I’m chasing a ghost. Frankly, I just want to confirm that there is nothing wrong with my boat, and that it does what is supposed to.
    I’m calling SC tomorrow.

PS. I dry tested all tab actuators yesterday and they seem to work well. Outside of a reset I was unable to actuate the Yaw plates.

Screenshot from the video

ballast 100%
    pitch for 10.5*
    wake plate 0
    speed 11.6mph
    Goofy tab 70
    port tab 60

Then move passengers or weight around until you have 0-1*of roll on port side. When you switch the side roll should be 4*. But you need to sit your passengers where you can switch the surf side back and forth and get the correct roll numbers. Once pretty close you can turn on your auto wake.

I know I have the flow 2.0, however the big thing no one is mentioning is weight. Until you get 5+ people in the boat the wave is terrible.

Also small side note is when ever auto wake says your potential is higher than your actual you are having some user error.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    ballast 100%
    pitch for 10.5*
    wake plate 0
    speed 11.6mph
    Goofy tab 70
    port tab 60

Then move passengers or weight around until you have 0-1*of roll on port side. When you switch the side roll should be 4*. But you need to sit your passengers where you can switch the surf side back and forth and get the correct roll numbers. Once pretty close you can turn on your auto wake.

I know I have the flow 2.0, however the big thing no one is mentioning is weight. Until you get 5+ people in the boat the wave is terrible.

Also small side note is when ever auto wake says your potential is higher than your actual you are having some user error.
    Also, you need at least 10 feet water, anything less and your our of luck.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    So the investigation and hunt for the resolution continues.
    I called my dealer today and as I
    Was expecting, the told Me to bring the boat and it’s going to be a week.

So I did more digging. I have watched every video and read post I could find pretending to autowake, Flow 2.0 and flow 3.

Interestingly enough when watching YouTube videos by Moomba Boats, which as I know is the manufacture, https://youtu.be/btq6hr04nLs
    I have noticed that right tab setting and speed closely match the settings I’m having to use to produce a wake and they are far off from the mfg presents. See for yourself

It’s like I’m chasing a ghost. Frankly, I just want to confirm that there is nothing wrong with my boat, and that it does what is supposed to.
    I’m calling SC tomorrow.

PS. I dry tested all tab actuators yesterday and they seem to work well. Outside of a reset I was unable to actuate the Yaw plates.

Screenshot from the video

Shouldn't the roll be greater than -.5? Like -3 and plus 5, not sure what the defaults are for your boat.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

ballast 100%
    pitch for 10.5*
    wake plate 0
    speed 11.6mph
    Goofy tab 70
    port tab 60

ballast 100%
    pitch for 10.5*
    wake plate 0
    speed 11.6mph
    Goofy tab 70
    port tab 60

Thank you. This make a lot of sense. I’m gonna try that. The 5 people comment is very interesting. Typically it me 210#, my wife 110#, my daughter 110# and 2 small kids 40# each.
    Total about 500#.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Also, you need at least 10 feet water, anything less and your our of luck.
    I’m typically in 20 +.

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Shouldn't the roll be greater than -.5? Like -3 and plus 5, not sure what the defaults are for your boat.
    The recommended and default are different.
    Recommend is —0.5 to -1 on regular side but the default is -3. Goofy recommend is 4 and default is 3. Pitch default is 8

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    Thank you. This make a lot of sense. I’m gonna try that. The 5 people comment is very interesting. Typically it me 210#, my wife 110#, my daughter 110# and 2 small kids 40# each.
    Total about 500#.

I run the same flow 3 on our mojo.

Are you manually venting the rear bags? I am sure there is a reason for the vent to be at the bottom of the bag, however until I added a vent to the top there was always 10-15% of the rear section of the bag full of air that i had to burp out with the screw vent on top. There has been a couple other guys that were having the same issue as well. It will show as full on the sensor but it was not. Second when you get out of the boat to surf you just dropped the weight in the boat by 200#, leaving you around 300# plus the factory bags, which may or may not be 100% full.

I had the same issue, it was my wife 140# and 2 kids totaling 100#. When I (200#) jumped out I couldn't surf. We added 500# of lead and it helped her go ropeless, but I was just on the verge. We had a 3 of her family members come out with us and it was much better so we added another 1,100# of midship bags and lead and it was insane. The 1,600# is not really needed as I could have gotten away without the last 500# of lead, but I got it for super cheap from someone locally so I said why not. I take it out close to the weight of people when we do have other come with us. this way the way stays really consistent for us.

I think with 300# of crew you are going to want another 750# of ballast.
    Last edited by sleek98; 07-21-2021 at 12:54 PM.
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    I think with 300# of crew you are going to want another 750# of ballast.
    I agree but I would grab 1000 lbs if he's normally going to surf with the family crew he described.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods