Default Boatmate Fender Carpet

Are there any good threads on how to replace fender carpet? Mine is toast and needs to be re-done ASAP!
    08 LSV, Perfect Pass, Grav III, 325 Indmar Assault and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cpatten View Post
    Are there any good threads on how to replace fender carpet? Mine is toast and needs to be re-done ASAP!
    https://www.boatmateparts.com/produc...ls.php?itmId=8

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Saw that on boatmate is that wide enough for fenders? If so is best approach to unbolt fends and pull old carpet and replace?
    08 LSV, Perfect Pass, Grav III, 325 Indmar Assault and I love it!

If you are gonna go through the hassel, I'd thoroughly inspect the bunk board for replacement and bang them out at the same time.

Another possibility to consider other than carpet is something like this: http://gatorbak.com/

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

If your bunks are 13+ yrs old it would probably be wise to replace the lumber as well. You can buy the pressure treated lumber and carpet and get everything put together before hand. Then when you get the boat off the trailer it's pretty simple to take the old bunks off and put the new ones on. A pneumatic stapler makes life a lot easier if you have it. I think i bought my new carpet from Overtons.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    If your bunks are 13+ yrs old it would probably be wise to replace the lumber as well. You can buy the pressure treated lumber and carpet and get everything put together before hand. Then when you get the boat off the trailer it's pretty simple to take the old bunks off and put the new ones on. A pneumatic stapler makes life a lot easier if you have it. I think i bought my new carpet from Overtons.
    spot on. iirc we did ours same time scott did his. buy boards, buy carpet off amazon(we bought 50ft x 12" and trimmed down the side), build, drop boat in the water on a slow weekday and tie up and then replace. took me an hour to replace all 6 on our last trailer by myself. I bought new hardware as well. all-in it was around $120 but with lumber prices now I'd plan $175. iirc we had 2x10ft, 2x8ft and 2x4ft.

those composite boards rc posted up are no more maintenance but they are expensive as $hit(was a grand priced out for our old trailer) and no way I would want to be loading my boat on trex/rubber material. there's a reason most of the high$$ builds aren't using that stuff.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten