Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gas gauge

As always I really appreciate the input- sounds like that could be a little difficult to find - I do have a friend who is an electrician maybe I can get him to bring his volt meter , could they help to help search for potential problems?

Factory underwater lighting circuit is a 3A breaker under the helm. The LED lights you have installed are pulling more than that but close so it is holding for ~10min then tripping. Probably a 5A lighting draw.

You first problem was ground related and that seems to be fixed, but now you have a different issue. You need the 3A circuit to control a relay and have the relay turn the lights on direct from the positive circuit in the boat. This is a very simple fix and the dealer should know better. If these are the factory option lights from Moomba, they should have came with a plug and play harness and relay. I assume this kit is not and that is why the dealer is struggling to get it to work correctly.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Yes they are not factory from moomba . They are from Lumitec (seablaze). I wish I knew moomba made their own before , I never would have gotten anything else. Thanks, I’m going to send this info to my dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    Yes they are not factory from moomba . They are from Lumitec (seablaze). I wish I knew moomba made their own before , I never would have gotten anything else. Thanks, I’m going to send this info to my dealer.
    Moomba does not make there own, but if you buy the OEM equipment it is put together as plug and play. Supra uses Liquid Lumens, Moomba might use Lumitec, etc. but it is packaged.

Your system is not bad, just needs to be looked at and wired correctly. Do you know exactly what light kit you purchased, and how many are installed (2 lights?)? I am wondering what current draw on the lights are.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have two lights installed I will look up the specific model number and post that soon so appreciative of your help and input. They have two colors white and blue . I’ve been leaving them on the setting where it’s cycles through the different colors. Of course I should be able to leave it on that setting but next time I go out I’ll leave it on the solid one color setting and see if that has anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
    I have two lights installed I will look up the specific model number and post that soon so appreciative of your help and input. They have two colors white and blue . I’ve been leaving them on the setting where it’s cycles through the different colors. Of course I should be able to leave it on that setting but next time I go out I’ll leave it on the solid one color setting and see if that has anything to do with it?
    Color cycle won't matter at all.

If they are the Seablaze X2, which sounds right, they are 5A each light. 2 lights draw 10A, but they have a 3-wire configuration to use a low current switch.

If you can see the wiring on the lights, the orange wire should be going to 1 side of the switch other side should be 12V and the breaker you keep tripping. The Red wire should be going to the battery or positive bus bar with a 15A fuse, and the black wire to the ground bus bar or battery. The 3A switch is more than enough to turn on the lights but not power them. If they jumped the orange and red wire together, then that is the problem and why the breaker keep tripping.

I would look at their work before taking it back. It might be a very simple fix.
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 08-20-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Yes they are SeaBlaze X2 Underwater Light, Bronze, White/Blue - I am so thankful for your help going to get this info to my dealer and bring my electrician friend out to the boat with me

Holdmybeer is all over it. Seen it done severely times by people who don't understand wiring or current draw. Look at it yourself by his directions should be easy
    Web.
    1997 Outback and stopped looking

Guys thanks sooo much for all your help - forwarded you postings to my dealer and it seems they finally got it right, lights staying on now.