Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    I guess every dealership in the world runs them for the manual 10 hour recommendation before they fill the ballasts for all those test drives they do..
    This isn't the case for custom ordered boats....my dealer wasn't taking randos out on my ride before handing me the keys.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

These engines are tougher than you give them credit for. Once the rings and valves get seated, they are good to go. And it doesn't take as long as the manuals say. They play it very safe. And all the things you said about dealers and demos are very true.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    These engines are tougher than you give them credit for. Once the rings and valves get seated, they are good to go. And it doesn't take as long as the manuals say. They play it very safe.
    break in has been discussed across the internets and here ad nauseum. hfarr sums it up.
    break in has been around for longer than any of us and with engine tech today it's not as critical as it once was. rings and cam lobes are the important pieces and rings will start to land once that engine is started at indmar and todays assembly lubes and oils help ensure these parts land properly.

not telling or suggesting anyone do anything differently but car/mc/boat owners have been following both camps for years and years. if there was such a huge difference in engines following a babied break in vs run and go we would see much different vehicle delivery speeches and lawyers/bean counters at the manufacturer level would have changed initial ownership procedures/warranties to limit liability on their end.

in the end, the single most important thing you can do to protect a new engine is use the recommended oil and change it early and often to get all the metal out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Definitely sounds like kill switch. I had that happen several times while I was docking before I figured it out. Several times when I would reach my hand for the dock the engine would die. For me, it was because I allowed the seat to swivel at all times. Now while driving I lock it in place and my knee can’t really hit the switch inadvertently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Default New mojo problem

Sounds like there should be a guard over the kill switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-16-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I had the same thing happen to me with my Max. Launched it, and drivong out of the marina my leg hit the kill switch. By the time I figured out what happened I almost ran into parked boat. Definitely, relocate the switches higher so your leg doesn't contact it

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I would think it's desined that way in a push/pull fashion.

No one does, but in Texas, new boating law states the killswitch is to be attached to the driver.

Everyone has seen the youtube video of the folks on a baja type boat where the driver and passengers eat it and fly in different directions...

If it was attached to you and you lost control flying port, the lanyard would disconnect and shut it down. If you lost control and flew starboard you may not move enough to pull the lanyard but in this case your body would depress the outer "button" ....and shut it down.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX