Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    grew up in eastern idaho, so a lot of boating in ririe res. similar to lucky, but about 1/4 the size. also a lot of time at palisades, right on the wyoming border.
    now im in the boise area, spend about 50/50 between lucky and lake lowell. sometimes make it to lake cascade, but i would like to try anderson ranch or lake owyhee in oregon this year. but lowell and lucky are the closest and easiest to get to.

i guess it was the X80, sounds cool on paper, but as you can see in the vid, yeah it has 2 waves, but they both look like garbage.

they are all riding big boards as I bet the boat has zero push.
    miss lucky peak a lot. spent a TON of days camping up there and if not camping, 7am launch to get a dock for the day. sure it's a LOT worse as I left the valley in '13 and my cousin said it's a mess. they have a house on payette- lucky sob... friends used to boat in emmett but we got tired of the clockwise thing.
    lowell is nice until the 4th of july when the bugs become unbearable but water is warm.
    we boated at mead here and it's nice to have a no-wetsuit/heater top season that starts in march and runs until mid-november but you never know when the next body is going to float up
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

grew up in eastern idaho, so a lot of boating in ririe res. similar to lucky, but about 1/4 the size. also a lot of time at palisades, right on the wyoming border.

now im in the boise area, spend about 50/50 between lucky and lake lowell. sometimes make it to lake cascade, but i would like to try anderson ranch or lake owyhee in oregon this year. but lowell and lucky are the closest and easiest to get to.

i guess it was the X80, sounds cool on paper, but as you can see in the vid, yeah it has 2 waves, but they both look like garbage.
    My buddy bought an X80 when we got our Malibu. Had to have it. Best boat Mastercraft ever made Yada Yada. Dropped big money on stereo and then traded it in. Never surfed behind it ballast tanks were busted. Ton of space but honestly his se feels bigger.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I'm also in Boise. You should definitely check out Owyhee, it's my favorite lake in the area that's day-tripable! The scenery is spectacular, the water is usually up to 10 degrees warmer than Lucky Peak, and because it's MASSIVE and more remote you don't have to worry about it being crowded with other boats (even when the parking lots are overflowing). Just make sure you get an Oregon AIS Permit and complete a Boating Education Course. I have been stopped and checked for both those items (which I had). The only drawback to Owyhee is the water is pretty hard so you'll want to give your boat a good clean afterwards.
    2022 Supra SL550 (current)
    2019 Adonia (75' houseboat at Lake Powell - current)
    2021 Tige Z3 (past)
    2020 SL400 (past)
    Idaho

On the X80 two surf topic. I could see one surfer getting peeved that he/she might have to keep dropping because a less skilled surfer keeps falling, or other surfer keeps trying tricks and losing the wave. Notce in that video that one surfer falls out and the boat kept going for a pretty good ways! "HEY SORRY DUDE! JUST HOLD YOUR BOARD UP IN THE AIR SO PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU! WE WILL BE BACK TO GET YOU AFTER JUSTIN FALLS!" LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

But I guess the same can be said about double kneeboarding and wakeboarding etc...

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by mmmkay View Post
    I'm also in Boise. You should definitely check out Owyhee, it's my favorite lake in the area that's day-tripable! The scenery is spectacular, the water is usually up to 10 degrees warmer than Lucky Peak, and because it's MASSIVE and more remote you don't have to worry about it being crowded with other boats (even when the parking lots are overflowing). Just make sure you get an Oregon AIS Permit and complete a Boating Education Course. I have been stopped and checked for both those items (which I had). The only drawback to Owyhee is the water is pretty hard so you'll want to give your boat a good clean afterwards.
    thanks for the info. i knew about the permit thing, but didnt know they required a boating course. been to hells canyon a bunch on a friends jet boat, and stopped by oregon cops, other than the border inspection, they seemed to only worry about fishing licenses.

i have driven up by owyhee dam, but never checked out the ramp. is it paved? how much parking do they have?
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    But I guess the same can be said about double kneeboarding and wakeboarding etc...

we have the same luck with multiple kids on towables... its one kid that falls off, then as we start circling back, another jumps off, either in pannic, or to be funny... only happens once tho or they dont get to ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit that I have never seen this done with wake surfing, only wakeboarding. I hadn't considered it at all. You would need a boat/hull/tabs all designed for it specifically, (for a cleaner wave on each side), but assuming you had at least one goofy and one reg rider, you could save so much gas and get more out of good lake conditions. (You have to get up pretty damn early to beat the crowds and get glass where I'm at.)

I've plumbed in my extra bow bags and plan to redo a couple of my videos that show where I've got to with weight/settings/venting/etc. I'll post it up here with all the schematics and part numbers if people want to try it out.
    so is that extra bow bag on top of the 6.5k you have already?

thanks for the info. i knew about the permit thing, but didnt know they required a boating course. been to hells canyon a bunch on a friends jet boat, and stopped by oregon cops, other than the border inspection, they seemed to only worry about fishing licenses.

i have driven up by owyhee dam, but never checked out the ramp. is it paved? how much parking do they have?
    There are 2 main ramps, both are paved and have a dock. But if the water is low (will not be an issue this year) the dock can be out of the water and the tow vehicle driver will have to swim to and from the boat. Both ramps have a decent amount of parking but not nearly as much as Lucky Peak.
    2022 Supra SL550 (current)
    2019 Adonia (75' houseboat at Lake Powell - current)
    2021 Tige Z3 (past)
    2020 SL400 (past)
    Idaho

so is that extra bow bag on top of the 6.5k you have already?
    Nope, just plumbed in the two extra bow bags that I was filling with an over-the-side tsunami pump. Makes transitioning from surfing to tubing faster/easier. We host a lot of friends with small kids that still love tubing.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods