Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by riv rat View Post
    I have a 22 Makai ordered and am very excited to get it up here! I was very torn between the Makai and the Mojo. In my case, the Makai ended up being quite a bit more as I did go with the engine upgrade that I probably wouldn't have with the Mojo. Here's hoping I made the right choice! I liked the size but also more of the options were standard on the Makai.
    The only thing I will mention is after a summer with our Makai I have had add to even more weight than I originally thought I would. We are a family of four so it's small crew, which I knew going in but wanted the space to have friends and family and have everyone comfortable. I have added the upgraded wakemakers bags in the back and 500lbs of lead and I will be adding midship bags piggybacked to the subfloors. I'm not an expert by any means but it seems like a boat this big needs more weight to really maximize the wake. We love the Makai and wouldn't change our choice if we did it again but just an fyi you'll probably be adding weight unless your crew is larger.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    The only thing I will mention is after a summer with our Makai I have had add to even more weight than I originally thought I would. We are a family of four so it's small crew, which I knew going in but wanted the space to have friends and family and have everyone comfortable. I have added the upgraded wakemakers bags in the back and 500lbs of lead and I will be adding midship bags piggybacked to the subfloors. I'm not an expert by any means but it seems like a boat this big needs more weight to really maximize the wake. We love the Makai and wouldn't change our choice if we did it again but just an fyi you'll probably be adding weight unless your crew is larger.
    Thanks! That is great info. And what a sharp looking boat!

Quote Originally Posted by riv rat View Post
    Thanks! That is great info. And what a sharp looking boat!
    Thanks, it was a family design process and was a fun part of the whole experience of buying a new boat. I hope your family loves your boat as much as mine does ours!
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota